Aftermath of a motorcycle fatality... get low

dewey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My latest to get published... I missed the "action" by about 30 minutes but I got low and got a different shot of the investogation.

webcycle2.jpg

And then a regular shot...
webcycle.jpg

I doubt there was much action to see after this one besides maybe a body being covered by a blanket or a scoop and run. Looks like he got whacked pretty hard by the shape of the bike or went down hard. I don't see another vehicle. Never a good sign when they get knocked out of their shoes.

My thoughts go to the family.

I do like the way you captured the first photo. Maybe crop out the piece of the car on the left but even with it in I think it shows a message.

Any news on the driver of the bike? I like the first shot the best.

ummm...the title of the thread suggested a fatality.
I'm guessing he isn't doing so well.

Good capture. Tells the story and conveys fact without the messy details.

Thanks... as mentioned it was a fatality. The rider was not wearing a helmet traveling an estimated 85mph+

<homer simpson d'oh> Florida revoking the helmet law was a really Darwin move.

Ugh being a rider myself and have been in a pretty bad accident it sends chills down my spine... RIP to the rider

Florida REVOKED on the HELMET LAW for motorbike riders :shock: ?!?!?!!?
That is about the silliest thing I have ever heard any state do!

Well, 85mph within a residential area in itself is ... not good. And certainly no longer within the limits ...

... but all these things aside: speeding and NOT wearing a helmet :)shock: ... I mean... !!!) does not make this any better: he has lost his life, probably at very young, his family has lost a member, many people are shocked and sad and crying... and it somehow transpires from your photos which makes them strong.

They reach me.
Both of them.
Mostly so the shoe.

awesome pics, nasty wreck tho...

Yes in Florida if you carry $10,000 in personal liability insurance and you're older than 18 you can ride without a helmet. I always get a chuckle when I read the quotes from our lawmakers who are VERY surprised motorcycle deaths have gone up so much since the law was changed.

Yeah no offense to other riders but riding a motorcycle without a helmet has to be one of the dumbest things a person could do. Up there with smoking... yeah no offense to smokers either. ;)

PA just removed the helmet law too.

Nice shots though.

As a rider I can say this gives me chills. To bad but thats what happens when you act like that. I should put this pic right next to my tach so everytime I look down I am reminded why I don't ride like a moron.

There's no choice here in the UK, but after being a biker for thirty years I wouldn't go without helmet, leathers and good boots anyway, there's too many divvy car drivers over here.

Looks like Cocoa Beach/CC area.

Stupidity reigns.....speeding and no helmet, condolences
to the family and friends.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back