Aggression towards photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll type real slow.

Have you ever taken any photos?

I'll type even slower. Were you thrown out the first time?

On second thought, you really don't care about any logical discussion. You want only to scream your demands and to make snide comments to those with whom you disagree. No different than what you've done previously.

Have a nice day (if you're able).

I've had my rights "trampled on" in the past, but I'm no longer butt-hurt about it. I've been flat out deceived by a police officer, took the wrap for some random crap, fought it, lost and now have a felony on my record. I still have extreme trouble getting a job and it's been six years since I was convicted. Complaining about a firm talking to about a camera phone... LOL.

I've paid my dues, fulfilled court ordered obligations and I know a hell of a lot better than to get in any trouble. I used to hate police officers with a passion, and I used to run my mouth about how terrible they were and how they are destroying everyones rights and blah blah blah. But now, I just don't break the law, don't hang out with people that break the law and police don't seem so bad afterall. I've found they don't bother me so much if I don't have to worry about getting in some sort of trouble. The people bad mouthing the police have A) probably never been helped by the police and B) have issues with authority and probably put anarchy symbols on their binders in high school.

/rant

I've only been bugged once: for trying to take pictures of a derilict building that I didn't realize was in front of a train depot. The security officer informed me that after 9/11, you can't take pictures of train depots for obvious reasons. I don't know how many terrorists take recon pictures with a Holga, but I didn't argue or "uphold my rights", because I frankly it didn't bother me that much.

I'll type even slower. Were you thrown out the first time?

On second thought, you really don't care about any logical discussion. You want only to scream your demands and to make snide comments to those with whom you disagree. No different than what you've done previously.

Have a nice day (if you're able).

:biglaugh:

Stay calm, it's just a question.

Again- Have you ever taken a photo?

The people bad mouthing the police have A) probably never been helped by the police and B) have issues with authority and probably put anarchy symbols on their binders in high school.
:thumbup:

I was constantly amazed at the jerks I had to work with when I was protesting our involvement in Viet Nam. I got the impression that they were more interested in screaming obscenities regarding their alleged rights than they were in actually accomplishing some good. I photographed the '68 Democratic convention in Chicago without any ill effects yet others couldn't walk along the sidewalk!

A somewhat humorous related story... At the convention, an individual shooting pictures was challenged by the police to identify himself and he responded "Winston Churchill." No surprise that he was kind of pummeled (yeah, unfair but consider the circumstances). In any event, that was his real name. He was the grandson of the famous Winston Churchill and was working as a photographer for a Brit magazine.

To be honest, I am surprised it's still open.

Did I not say..."I have a feeling this one is going to become a rollercoaster just like the last one."

It probably should have been moderated/guided when the provocation started. But, I asked a simple and civil question.

BTW, I have a lot of respect for Max. He earned it.

Yep, let's all bow down and just kiss the ass of authority.

What ****ing fantasy world do you live in?

It's not about "kissing ass of authority"

It's about not being an ass to authority because they are the authority. Teenager's anti-authority syndrome - I guess some do not grow out of it.

It's not about "kissing ass of authority"

It's about not being an ass to authority because they are the authority. Teenager's anti-authority syndrome - I guess some do not grow out of it.

There appears to be a handful of posters in this forum that haven't grown out of it.

I do. I have no reason not to.

I figure that it must be really tough to go through life distrusting the police and other authority. Do they call MOVE when they need help?

Socrates,

I just can't see where you're coming from. I was hoping maybe looking at some of your work would give me some insight, but you don't have any you're willing to share. Too bad for you.

It probably should have been moderated/guided when the provocation started. But, I asked a simple and civil question.

BTW, I have a lot of respect for Max. He earned it.

Yeah, I too have respect for Max, I can't remember who it was but last time I saw the "do you even take pictures" question, He was the one it was pointed at.

To be honest, I am surprised it's still open.

Did I not say..."I have a feeling this one is going to become a rollercoaster just like the last one."

Yep, I assume threads that start out in such a fantastic manner as that atleast deserve a little attention from the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back