Ah! my first photoshoot

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today i have my first paid headshot gig and im really nervous! anyone who knows me here knows ive only had about 3 months of photography experience but im pretty decent i would say. oh oh im nervous. don't want to look like an amateur! haha. ill post some results later. I am shooting 2 looks, one in a concert hall for a more mature, professional, concert look ( shes an opera singer). and since its nice and overcast today, some fun and hip pictures outside. and pointers or last minute advice guys?

Good luck! Take your time im sure you will do great. I'm looking forwarding to seeing your shots.

Two Points:
#1 - watch out for skin tones, exposure and blinkies
#2 -
ive only had about 3 months of photography experience but im pretty decent i would say. oh oh im nervous. don't want to look like an amateur!
why are you taking on a project with minimal experience and charge for it?! The moment you accept the payment, you undertake HUGE responsibility and will have to abide by client's rules/regulation as well as deal with his/hers BS. Since you are accepting payment, if you do provide crappy work it doesn't take much to sue anyone these days...

1. Tip pose is very important and is your responsability as photog to get a good pose.
2. Watch your highlights on the general exposure on the camera.
3. Take your time and never look nervous to the client and do not leave until you feel that you got the shot. Remember once you leave the place the is no way to retake the photos again.

Can't wait to see the pics! Good luck.

Ah. LOL.
This is new, to wait till the day of a shoot for hints and tips. :lmao:

Subscribed to this thread... Interested in the outcome.. :D Could end up being one of the best experiences he'll have, or ...... the other.

Yea, im in too, don't know if he'll post those pictures here though. Hope he brought an extra charged battery...

LOL hope that he know that he had to bring more memory cards and and extra lenses.

I hope he has a faster lens than in his list of equipment for the indoor shots, i think it could end in tears

Well first off, we study in the same music college and we have been class mates or years and she has seen a lot of headshots I've done for friends for free. I wouldn't charge a Total stranger. Second, one of the looks she wanted I wanted to do like candid and out doors. And even though the forecast was what I wanted, it decided to pour rain so we decided to postpone it till next Tuesday. And do both indoor and outdoor that day.
What should the contract entail, just a listing of services offered, fee, and agreement?
Also I have in addition to my kit lens a 50mm f 1.8 OM lens that has worked wonders for me for portraits

also I don't have an extra battery but it usually lasts me a really long time. And I have my MacBook on shoot to unload pics while she changes outfits . I'll get another mem card.
Lucky it was postponed. My tripod broke while travelling to campus. ( had some crappy plastic parts. ) I'm gonna buy another one this weekend.

Most reactions

Back