Airsoft Game C&C and advice

Galderon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On Saturday I went to a local Airsoft Game where over 300 people attended.
I had done this a month previous and people liked my pictures so much some bought some.

I thought I'd try this again, and bring my best gear, with the hopes of selling the pictures.
I've tried to be a lot more present in the airsoft community by trying to get my name out more with the hopes of selling more.
But I made sure I was never to the point of obnoxiously posting links everywhere.
I've posted a single link on multiple forums all going to my flickr set which has watermarks on them.
then came the flood of complaints that they shouldn't have watermarks on them
I told them I was trying to sell them and when some heard that.
complaints of "that being reatrded" and "wouldn't pay more than a dollar for this crap" came out, after these specific people messaged me interested in obtaining some of the pictures.

So this topic is two fold.
firstly I want to ask what you think of these pictures
secondly on the issue of selling them
Here is the link to just some of the pics with no watermark so you can C&C clearly
Airsoft - a set on Flickr$7249047668_c87f159a83_b.jpg

Last edited:
I love this photo idea. My oldest son plays airsoft with his buddies, so might have to photo them next game!

The image itself isn't bad at all; I've never shot this sort of sport before, but I can see where it would be very difficult, in fact I suspect that posed shots might provide the best results. That said, when you can, avoid the distracting elements like the OOF leaves obscuring the rifle stock (understanding of course that often that will be impossible). I would also try and capture scenes with multiple players, and more action. The only downside to the image that you've posted is that it's very static and you don't get any real sense of action.

I think this is a pretty good photo and would pay for it if it were me. =P That being said there are a lot of hate for photographers tryin to make a little money on the side cuz you know, photography is really an easy thing to do and everyone can do it... -_-' My suggestion is to also look for the airsoft teams and talk to them. Go to tournaments or something. They may be more interested in this sort of thing. Could shoot team photos, action shots, etc for them.

Next time I go, I will make sure I get some posed shots in. Since it's a sport and I try to make my self out of people's way and out of people shooting me, It is very difficult. People have to pay to get in so I kinda don't want to take up their time. Another difficulty is that most people aren't in full gear. You got people dressed in: partial BDU's, shirtless, band t-shirts, jeans, sneakers, sports jerseys, Sunday church attire. So to get a serious shot without one of these guys mucking up the background is a real challege. but it's possible
$7249060304_27f72bb25c_h.jpg
Most people are respectful and avoid trying to hit if you're wearing your cautionary orange vest.
but I've encountered ass clowns before who would go outta their way to shoot me.

Last edited:
The set is pretty technically sound across.

Some things you need to let roll off your shoulders. It's just ignorance speaking. If they don't care about you, you shouldn't care about them. Perhaps find a more classy group of people to deal with.

At the same time, don't let the voices of a few drown at the many. You could still have sales opportunities to some of the people that you photographed.

I like them. I'd probably buy a few if it were my thing. I wouldn't let a few a*****es get to you.

I'd be pretty pissed if someone shot my camera. Certainly no one would compensate you.

I like your pics also. lol.

I think both photos are really sharp. I only have one small criticism about the framing of the images... I'd like to see the shooter more to the photo left... His head and his gun seem to be pointing directly at the right edge of the photo... Since the eyes are naturally drawn to the right, give the eyes a little bit more to look at... I hope my words expressed my idea...

All in all, two fine photos! Well done, and thanks for sharing!

yeah, I would get mad too if someone shot my camera, but I'd have to remember it's my own damn fault for being out there and even taking the risk. perhaps some of you people have any advice on insurance? would insurance even cover something like this? I'm mean I'm purposely putting myself in a situation where my gear could get harmed so it's no accident. I'd be crazy to take my 70-200 L lens out there again. Too much risk for too little reward

thanks for the C&C so far, I agree with the "more to the left" most people are saying

Most reactions

Back