Alive and Well :)

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Guys!
Dang, all of a sudden a whole bunch of you came out of the woodwork on me there ;) You guys know who you are and you rock!

I'm sorry I kinda dropped off the face of the earth there but life jumped up and swallowed me whole, in a good way, a very very good way ;)

First came some family and personal stuff that kicked it off, it wasn't a promising start but it took up a bunch of time, then I got an offer to do something major and photography related, which is way cool but under wraps until I get further into it and sure it is going to fly ;) But THEN....... my life quite literally changed.

I was adopted and I have very little information on my Birth Parents. I decided to do a DNA test through 23andme. I had myself convinced that my reasoning was for health information and to find out my ethnicity, finding family was wayyy back in my mind for many reasons and I really didn't think around it at all.

My health info was very important since I have none but my ethnicity, that was my main goal. All my life people have asked me where I'm from because of my olive skin and general looks. I've never had an answer and as I got older I found myself needing to know how I connect to the other people on this big wide world, my story, who made me.

Well, I got my results back and it has been, I can't even find a word, overwhelming, surreal, amazing, life changing, they all fit.

My DNA is a roadmap for Acadian/Cajun people. I have relatives in France, a TON on the East Coast of Canada and down through Main and Virginia and finally a whole bunch in Louisiana. I have talked to some of my COUSINS! (omg it still freaks me out that I can say that :) ) and joined a couple groups on Facebook and the welcome I have received, just wow, I'm truly humbled to be part of such an amazing group of people with such a rich history :)

I'm currently working on building my family tree to see exactly where I fit, I've found my first line and it leads back to the first settlers in 1600, so cool! I have lots more lines to chase and I'm loving every minute of it.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it ;)

So that's it my Dear TPF friends, life got the better of me, but it's alllll good :) Thanks for reaching out and checking on me! <3

Alice rocks, but you probably shouldn't let her. Bad for her teeth.

Ha! We try, trust me, she is obsessed with rocks. She picks them out of the river and leaves them in piles here and there and once in a while she moves one lol I was shooting something else and she came around the house with this big one in her mouth, I HAD to take a shot ;) lol

O.K., then the next best thing is to teach her how to mix mortar so she can build something.

Lol Lenny! Yep, one of many but this one is mine! lol

Thanks! It is a heck of a journey so far and I am so looking forward to seeing where it leads me :)

Thanks John :) I had a good excuse for going AWOL ;)

You are awesome, lady!:586: TPF would not be the same without you around. Looking forward to some more motion studies. Maybe as things smooth out, you and Mister can find some cool roadside visual delights to turn into still/moving photos. I saw the other day that people were worrin' 'bout where you was!

You were missed.

Btw, if you have family from the east coast of canada, odd are, you and I are related. I'm a direct decedent of the Acadians from there

You are awesome, lady!:586: TPF would not be the same without you around. Looking forward to some more motion studies. Maybe as things smooth out, you and Mister can find some cool roadside visual delights to turn into still/moving photos. I saw the other day that people were worrin' 'bout where you was!
Aw thanks D! <3

You were missed.

Btw, if you have family from the east coast of canada, odd are, you and I are related. I'm a direct decedent of the Acadians from there
Thanks Barb :)
No way! I'm going to message you my dear ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back