All washed up (one photo)

I thought he meant number of letters in your name.

thoughts from bigger named people on this site?

really?

Your OP says "CC if you wish".

Try this next time: "No one under 500 posts can critique my awesome work... I am that damn good."

p!nK
didn't mean it that way I like hearing from everybody I just think y'all are more experience and that you offer great input :)

I like the toning in the first version, except for the yellow color. I think another color would look better.

I'm not one of the "bigger" people, so I'm not sure I'm eligible to CC, but I think I'm going to create a generic CC and just copy and paste it to your posts. All your photos have similar issues and people say the same stuff. Less PP, more photography. That way I can pad my stats and you can get more replies. Heck, if we do that enough I may even become one of the "bigger" people. One can dream.

As Bitter said, more of the same. One of the simplest "rules" to get right: the horizon. Sure, we all get the horizon crooked from time to time, but there's no excuse you can't fix it in post. And we know you post the heck outta your images. And what I assume is supposed to be your subject seems to be underexposed. You're too busy using fancy-shmancy filters and such to concentrate on the important stuff. Can't see the forest for the trees, bro.

Yeah, your name only has three letters. You don't count.

Yeah...that's my name...don't wear it out! (lol) I assume you want additional C&C???

I liked the water in the gravel and the water in the background, and all the signs at the entrance to the pier. I also liked the US flag in the background, as well as the foreground with the old pallet on the ground; the wooden pallett echoes in the wooden pier and pilings. The distant headland in the background is echoed by the near shore's rock breakwall. The water in the gravel parking lot is formed into large puddles. The wood in the picture has been cut by modern,industrial man. We have lined the edge of the shores of a bay or large river with massive stones to form a breakwall--but qe cannot in all our power control rain that floods our gravel-coated parking lot, which was made by crushing up large rocks into small bits of gravel in a gravel crusher at some batch plant someplace...

This is an urban landscape, filled with lots of details and with a rich subtext, but one cannot be a pompous ass and recognize what's in the shot. Piss on those who cannot see anything in the shot. What would this type of scene look like if it were in Malaysia or Cambodia or Vietnam?

I am pregnant. I may not be big but I feel HUGE. So despite my amateur (at best) status, I feel absolutely qualified to respond.

I like the shot. I think the yellow is interesting....another color might be too - maybe more of an sunrise-like amber would look less pee-ish to those that were turned off by it.

I love popcorn too! And soda! And M&M's. And 105mm lenses. And 135mm lenses. Young high school students like er111a seem to annoy the heck out of some older folks here, who absolutely loathe his post processing and his refusal to follow the "rules". I'm not sure, but I think if this were the long,long ago, he'd be contacted by a friendly inquisitor from The Spanish Inquisition.

When I saw the title "All Washed Up" I just knew this thread would be about my career. ;)

I agree with not loving the yellow, but black and white is always promising!

Most reactions

Back