Already did the work - the client wants their money back!

I do have contracts, I pay taxes, and have insurance. I had her signature on a "sales order" form. I would definitely feel comfortable going to court if I had to. So as to an actual written contract laying out all the terms, no, not with that client - MY mistake. As I said I believe it was buyer's remorse. The photographer she used after me (another client told me, later - not by my prompting) was her sister's boyfriend (also in high school). My other client's heard about it (acquaintances in high school) and asked me about the photos, which I had proudly displayed, and liked them and asked for similar setups. No complaints, and my prices are not inexpensive, but, they are not high either - the area I am in is a low-income kind of area, so, I can not reasonably charge what someone might charge in the "big city". BTW, they client did use one of the photos on her social media site, which I could have done something about because of no copyright release - but didn't. The young woman had sent me a "threatening" email, saying she would basically bad-mouth me to all her friends (she didn't). It letter was pretty harsh, but I handled it with business sense, and the mother who was the adult in this transaction, apologized for it.

I will post when I can the photos. I do have a legal release for them. Signed by the parent. This was definitely a lesson learned.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back