Amateur Photojournalist.. Lenses and Light

Well if you plan on havung any kind of future as a photojournalist or really any kind of pro photographer 2.8 lenses are a must. I acually lost a fairly well paying job as a stringer at a local weekly because the guy I worked for tol me that I needed to buy at least a 200 2.8 or he wouldn't be able to use me anymore at the time I decided to invest in a medium format rig to start shooting weddings (in the olden days before digital). But the best way to find out what is the best place for you to start as far as buying lenses would be the head of your internship who knows they may let you use their in house gear (better than most of us can afford) on the other hand you may never shoot a frame but either way ask the guy or girl what you might need that can be a good part of what the internship can teach you.

Congrats!
Yeah, I would talk to them. They are going to be the best source for knowing what they expect. It doesn't really change what I had in mind, since I think of PJ work as dealing mostly with people anyway.

Most reactions

Back