Amateur wedding shots. Pic heavy

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The wedding photography was crowd sourced this weekend. There were 4 dslr shooters in the families along with all the cell snappers - some really good ones!
As father of the bride, I naturally had other priorities. But, I ignored many of them to shoot.
For some shots, I had a single speedlight in an umbrella softbox. Set about 4 feet in height.
It helped to squirt some light under the dang cowboy hats. Also had a reflector in a few cases.

Posting first quick edits to share. If something jumps out as far as post work that should be different, or something I can do better next time, much appreciated. Thanks for looking.

1. My wife says this is too dark
KandB-1-7.jpg

2. Helpful light under cowboy hats
KandB-1-51.jpg

3. About darn time they got married
KandB-1-20.jpg

4. Cute snap
KandB-1-52.jpg

5. The Preacher
KandB-1-46.jpg

6. Wide angle overview in creamtone
KandB-1-36.jpg

Amateur, wedding, pic heavy... a 3-fer in my book!

1- agree with your wife on this one, it’s a bit too dark on the bride but love the way the window light rims the profiles of her attendants.
2- nice dof and fill light
3 - adorable babies, great family photo
4- nice catch, great expression
5 - really like this one a lot, great expression and super sharp
6 - like the choice to go b&w with this one. Wish they’d been a bit more centered between those trees for framing. Worth taking the time to clone out the phone photographers when you have time

Looks like it was a fun and happy wedding! Congrats!

Amateur, wedding, pic heavy... a 3-fer in my book!

1- agree with your wife on this one, it’s a bit too dark on the bride but love the way the window light rims the profiles of her attendants.
2- nice dof and fill light
3 - adorable babies, great family photo
4- nice catch, great expression
5 - really like this one a lot, great expression and super sharp
6 - like the choice to go b&w with this one. Wish they’d been a bit more centered between those trees for framing. Worth taking the time to clone out the phone photographers when you have time

Looks like it was a fun and happy wedding! Congrats!

Thanks very much! I think I'll save #1 with some editing. The light is actually my softbox - I stuck it in the room while they were getting ready.
#5 I'm not sure what I would replace the phone shooters with.
Really appreciate your comments!

Instead of cloning out the phone shooters, I'd heavily crop off the sky and trees which distract so much at the top of the frame, and leave the phone 'togs in as realistic details of this era.

Thanks Derrel good point.

The single softbox in the dressing room was neat. Varied the power to balance with the window light, and used it from every angle.

KandB-1-2.jpg

KandB-1.jpg

Yeah I agree to your wife the first one is a bit too dark you could have captured it by using a flash. But the rest of the picture are amazing And I cant even spot single drawback in other pictures.I hope it would have been a happy wedding and my best wishes to both of you. Start exploring and enjoy your life.

Thank you very kindly, that's a very nice comment :)

Here's a link to some other pictures from the wedding for anybody interested
K and B 2018

First Picture is actually dark, I think you have edited the picture in high saturation using grayscale. There are two versions in black and white photo editing destructive and non- destructive. You need to use editing tool very carefully. Remaining pictures seems to be natural and fine especially the cute snap.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back