amazon unlimited photo storage ??

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
for dirt cheap amazon offers you cloud storage with unlimited photo storage, you get so many gigs for other things but they say unlimited photo storage.. i would be uploading my raw files there if i were to get it. that is if its able to do raw photos..

i am just wondering if anyone is using this, i know some times when you upload a photo to a specific website or what not the quality of the photo is not as good.. for instance when i upload a photo here i notice a bit more noise in my photos. when i upload one to Facebook sometimes it just does not look as good.

if you use this service what do you think of it ??

Yeah, most sites compress images, but Flickr for example doesn't, and you can get 1TB of free storage.
That's completely FREE, and you can make as many accounts as you wish.

i figure there is a good chance it would compress them but i have no idea.

does Flickr let you upload raw files?? i have always done Jpeg on flickr, I never even though to try a raw file there.

From a Flickr staff member "We do not support RAW files but it is possible to upload RAWs and have them be processed by our servers in some cases. We, again, neither support nor recommend doing this, however. It's best to convert the files to a format we do support, such as TIFF or JPEG."

Danny - suggestion. When you post here on TPF, you could use your Flickr account to post the bbc code link instead of the way you have been doing it.

Sign into Flickr, navigate to an image, click the share button (curved arrow), click bbc code, copy the code, and paste the code into your TPF thread.

you work for flickr, that must be a cool job

at one time i would post photos here with flickr links but they quit working.. ill try the way you mentioned next time, thanks for that info..

i would like a good way to store my raw files just in case something happens, like my hard drive gets stolen who knows what. i do make all my files to j peg but if i never need to re-corp or re-edit or something like that i always like to have the original raw files too.

like right now, i am working on touching up all my raw files now that i have my monitor calibrated..

you work for flickr, that must be a cool job

at one time i would post photos here with flickr links but they quit working.. ill try the way you mentioned next time, thanks for that info..

i would like a good way to store my raw files just in case something happens, like my hard drive gets stolen who knows what. i do make all my files to j peg but if i never need to re-corp or re-edit or something like that i always like to have the original raw files too.

like right now, i am working on touching up all my raw files now that i have my monitor calibrated..

Noooo LOL, I don't work for them. I researched/googled your question in regards to RAW files, found that post and copied it here.

when he said from a flickr staff member i just assumed he was the staff member. no reason to make fun of me for being stupid.. :345:

For me, having a cloud storage isn't feasible because of uploads time.
I researched cloud, read reviews from users and a fairly common complaint was that the initial upload may take weeks and uploading a big shoot may not happen for a few days.

Buy another hard drive for offsite and rotate every few days.
Use software like Syncback to update backups.

For me, having a cloud storage isn't feasible because of uploads time.
I researched cloud, read reviews from users and a fairly common complaint was that the initial upload may take weeks and uploading a big shoot may not happen for a few days.

Buy another hard drive for offsite and rotate every few days.
Use software like Syncback to update backups.

You can send a hard drive to Amazon and they'll send it back once they unload it.

I have a hard drive that I back everything photo related to every few weeks. I also back up to a second one that I keep at my father's house. It's a cost effective way that works for me.

I did this a couple of months ago, works well, but not having a automatic option is a PITA. You always have to check which photos must still be uploaded etc. I have an external drive that automatically backup my picture folders when new files are added.

Some people really complicate simple stuff. :)
I got a 2TB drive in my computer and a 2TB drive in my NAS.

Every 1st of the month, I just mirror the whole drive.
DONE.

Some people really complicate simple stuff. :)
I got a 2TB drive in my computer and a 2TB drive in my NAS.

Every 1st of the month, I just mirror the whole drive.
DONE.
Well, if your hard drive goes t!ts up on the last day of the month, you could lose quite a bit :beguiled:

Last edited:
I can do it daily if I want, it's just 2-3 clicks, so, yeah, not really a big issue, I'll back-up sooner if something important happens.
I only lost 1 hard drive since I've been using a PC (1991.) and it was my own fault.

Most reactions

Back