Americas next top model?

anthegreat1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.2brosdsign.com
i find myself enjoying this show not only because my wife is addicted to reality TV, or the models, but mainly because of the photography portion of the show.

does anyone else enjoy the photography on the show or am i just a loser?;)

what do you think?:thumbup:

I don't watch it on purpose...buy I have admired the photography.

I saw it the other day...and I can't believe how malnourished some of the girls look. I know that's standard for models...but isn't it common knowledge that glorifying these bean poles is contributing to eating disorders...especially in young girls? If they are going to have these contests...I'd like them to institute a rule that the models have to have a body fat percentage over 0.5%...well actually over 5-10% would be more realistic.

Digital Matt said:
The photoshoot in the pool was great, as was the bulls.

Yeah, what was up with that bull shoot? They had to model in the arena with the bull, but in the pictures, the bull was edited in (in more 'attacking' poses). So to get those pics, these girls didn't have to be there with the animal. Oh well, that's tv.
And I didn't know Tyra is a photog as well.

pascal

Big Mike said:
If they are going to have these contests...I'd like them to institute a rule that the models have to have a body fat percentage over 0.5%...well actually over 5-10% would be more realistic.
5-10% body fat is low for women. 10-15% is more reasonable. Actually, as an athlete, guys should be no lower than 7% and girls no lower than 15% body fat.

And, seriously, 7% body fat is absurdly hard to maintain.

Puscas said:
Yeah, what was up with that bull shoot? They had to model in the arena with the bull, but in the pictures, the bull was edited in (in more 'attacking' poses). So to get those pics, these girls didn't have to be there with the animal. Oh well, that's tv.
And I didn't know Tyra is a photog as well.

pascal

yeah i noticed that aswell. and the shots that tyra shot were great. i really liked the one of Jaeda.

Puscas said:
Yeah, what was up with that bull shoot? They had to model in the arena with the bull, but in the pictures, the bull was edited in (in more 'attacking' poses). So to get those pics, these girls didn't have to be there with the animal. Oh well, that's tv. pascal

Yes, I did notice that. If you looked, Nigel was shooting the bull right when the models arrived, and he was using a Canon DSLR. I don't know which one, but he had a 70-200 f/2.8 L IS on it, for sure.

Big Mike said:
I don't watch it on purpose...buy I have admired the photography.

I saw it the other day...and I can't believe how malnourished some of the girls look. I know that's standard for models...but isn't it common knowledge that glorifying these bean poles is contributing to eating disorders...especially in young girls? If they are going to have these contests...I'd like them to institute a rule that the models have to have a body fat percentage over 0.5%...well actually over 5-10% would be more realistic.
While I agree that it's a shame they glorify such physiques, I think it's a little backwards to flat out blame eating disorders on models and shows about them.

I think it's a little backwards to blame any problem kids have on media. As soon as I became actually educated about the media, it really changed how I viewed it.

I think people just need to be educated, and parents really need to be careful of what they say and do around their kids.

However I do agree. The bean poles look gross most of the time, but I don't think more body fat would make them look more appealing. Some people just look like that. They are just really skinny. Those two sisters would never look normal. They are what they are, waifer thin models.

I hear ya. I don't blame the media per say...and yes, parents are more to blame than media for most/all of our societal problems. It's just that this is a show to pick the best models...which can be inferred by some to mean they are picking the most beautiful. This would be a perfect opportunity to start choosing models that look healthier and more typical of the average person....but instead...they cling to the old standards of 'the skinnier the better'.

It's not even like these skinny girls have that stunning natural beauty...they are just pretty girls. The photographers and digital artists do the rest...so why couldn't they do the same with a normal sized girl?

Anyway...I don't really care so much...not until I have a daughter anyway.

Hey Base, are you still watching Heroes? That show is awesome.

Big Mike said:
I hear ya. I don't blame the media per say...and yes, parents are more to blame than media for most/all of our societal problems. It's just that this is a show to pick the best models...which can be inferred by some to mean they are picking the most beautiful. This would be a perfect opportunity to start choosing models that look healthier and more typical of the average person....but instead...they cling to the old standards of 'the skinnier the better'.

It's not even like these skinny girls have that stunning natural beauty...they are just pretty girls. The photographers and digital artists do the rest...so why couldn't they do the same with a normal sized girl?

Anyway...I don't really care so much...not until I have a daughter anyway.

Hey Base, are you still watching Heroes? That show is awesome.

Holy crap man, Heroes is amazing. Last night? WHAAT!!! My guess is it was the fact he absorbed all the powers at once and created the big BOOM.

They're putting it on hiatus until January did you know that? They're gonna keep it like that so they can compete with 24. Those bastards are competing for the title of no.1 monday night show. And the BAUER HOUR!!!???

I'll watch Heroes personally.

I misses some of the first shows...so I don't know what I missed...but I'm still trying to figure out how Clair's 'dad' fits into everything...and now it apears that he has a boss.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back