An Artist's Vision: A story about a nearly blind high school artist

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a video I put together today for a story we are doing. This girl was born with a defect that limits her vision to about 4 inches. She's also a cartoonist. Let me know what you guys think.

03_22_12_allison_keagy_01.jpg

03_22_12_allison_keagy_07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!

Wow!

You know, this is exactly what I was talking about in another thread. The good stuff, the really good stuff here gets ignored, because too few people here have any idea what goood is.

I have told you before and I will just repeat it. YOU need to get out of California and show us more of the world out there.

Great video but I think your two stills are way more powerful.

:thumbup:

Quite powerful. Could you elaborate on the story that you are working on?

Great story and video Dan - well written and well presented.

And certainly sounds like you've captured her determination to get on with her life after a very rocky and tricky start. Must say, for someone with such limited range on her vision it does not seem to have held her imagination back in the least; plus I'm impressed at her ability to do art of such a large scale considering how close she has to work to the paper and how limited her field of vision must be over the whole subject and the artwork itself.

Thanks for sharing this. What an inspiration she is and I love her artwork. I like the photographs too - especially the first one :thumbup:

YOU need to get out of California and show us more of the world out there.

Just came back to revisit this opinion of mine.

No. Stay in CA. There is as much crap going on over there that we never hear about as there is anywhere else in the world.

You know, this made me think of how I got started in PJ work. And it was the stuff going on right around the corner from where I lived. Way back when, when I was about 15, I'd take the train (called the RER today, a fancy metro) into Paris to live the life and I always noticed this cardboard city on the way in. So, one day, instead of going to see a movie or whatever, I got off the train and went to the cardboard city. And I shot it.

The photos I shot there where the ones that got me a contract (however small) that would allow me to financially survive in Vietnam while I learned the craft of PJ work.

News, real news, is all around us.

Her work is inspiring. Your work lets us into the room. Thank you.

fantastic! thank you. Really incredible to hear stories such as this. makes me appreciate things in my life that we take for granted, like sight or hearing.

I now know even better why I keep looking our for threads by "Hooligan Dan". They're always worth looking at.
Very inspiring story.
I looked up Lodi on the map ... you're south of Sacramento!
Way cool, what with my "little girl" (she's 19 TODAY!) being in the Chico area for college right now.

Great video but I think your two stills are way more powerful.

Agree with this statement. That second photo...idk what it is, but it's damn powerful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back