An Aspiring artist emerges from the shadows

Tuonenlapsi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hai!

My name is Eero Turunen, and I come from Central Finland. I've been studying art now for 3 years by my own means and I am currently working as an assistant art teacher in Schildtin lukio where I graduated last year (a "lukio" is comparable to an american high school). I picked up photography as a hobby during the 1st year in lukio. During the past 2 years I've gravitated towards portraiture and I have recently started traditional film photography after building a darkroom into our wine cellar.

Here's couple pictures I am moderately proud of (and I think they show my style pretty well):

mabe.jpg

me.jpg

Last year I was featured in Tumblr's "radar" which features a few artists a day, showing a selected picture on the front page. This gave a huge motivation boost for my hobby and I started to really think if I wanted to pursue a career in photography and arts. Now I'm working as a teacher so there's that. However during the past year or so I've developed a huge artist's block and I find it hard to pick up a camera and do some shooting. So I decided to join a forum to boost my confidence and maybe learn something new from the people here.

<3: Eero

P.S. My username means "the child of Tuoni". Tuoni is the king of the underworld in Finnish folklore. I had this story bouncing in my head about Tuoni being a father of a bastard child after knocking up a woman in the living world.

Welcome to TPF. I hope you can overcome the artist's block issues.

Welcome! Nice and interesting portraits! Would love to see more! :smile:

Welcome. Very intriguing portraits. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Something to remember: the time zone differences between the US and Finland might make communication a bit awkward for you; on the west coast of the USA it is 11:25 PM now. Much of the more-populated eastern USA is asleep, since it is three hours ahead or 2:25 AM, and in central Finland it is 9:25 AM.

Yeah, I just arrived to work and realised that my friend in Boston is going to sleep right now... The students are just very independent so I have a lot of free time during the first classes, so I visit here :D

I'll keep this in mind tho!

I thought I should mention it, since your welcome thread has not received much attention, and the way many TPF'ers read the site is by Active Topics, and so things often get quickly pushed to page three, or page four during the days, so posts made with a longer time difference will often not show up on pages one or two, so your posts made during YOUR day might slide out of site when the board is at its busy period.

Thanks for the advice Derrel! I really like the welcome here, even if my post didn't get that much attention :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back