An hour at Lyndeshore

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While all the kids were in school this afternoon I stole an hour with an old buddy and headed to the Marsh where we were well rewarded.

14declynde0875.jpg

14declynde0883.jpg

14declynde0906.jpg

14declynde0910.jpg

14declynde0930.jpg

14declynde0950.jpg

14declynde0945.jpg

14declynde0941.jpg

Darryl, another airshow buddy, enjoying his first experience in the Marsh.
14decdarryl0972.jpg

Eric

JonK said:
yer no slouch with the 70-300;)

Thanks. I rented the 80-400VR for a day and really liked it so after the Christmas spending is over I plan to get the lens and kick it up a notch.

Eric

Nice series Airic, the black squirrl is soo cute... made me laugh outloud. Where abouts is this marsh, as you know im also from Ontario. The fact that i've never heard of Brooklin, is a bad sign though I think, probably too far away. Great pics Mr. Mom, glad you got out for a change!

-Joe

I really like the first and the Downy's. Each would make great Christmas cards!

Stunning work though.

Joerocket said:
Nice series Airic, the black squirrl is soo cute... made me laugh outloud. Where abouts is this marsh, as you know im also from Ontario. The fact that i've never heard of Brooklin, is a bad sign though I think, probably too far away. Great pics Mr. Mom, glad you got out for a change!

-Joe

Joe,

Brooklin is a small village north of Whitby, east of Toronto. Lyndeshore Marsh is in Whitby right on the Lake. Great place.

Eric

O I C, probably an hour and a half, two hour drive, would it be worth the drive would you say? looks like alot of action around there, the only action i have is playing hide and seek with the odd squirrel around a tree, although i dont have a zoom lense so i probably would have much luck there anyway, unless ALL the birds come land on your hand like your buddy.

Wow dude....holy cow man... what a great series. Gheesh... give you an hour and look what happens. I wish I could get out there during the week. Right now, I dont see daylight, untill Saturday. Im going to really try to sneak out there early Saturday morning....I hope.
I really really like that squirrel shot. The birds are killer too. Great stuff as always Eric.

great work again eric :thumbsup:

Raymond,

Yes, one trick I learned is to use the flash a lot more. In the second shot I used full flash but for the Jay and Downy shots I set the flash at 1 full stop under exposed. Much more natural looking. On the D-70 hold the flash button and use the front (sub command dial) to increase or decrease the flash amount.

Eric

absolutely beautiful, you got a lot of great shots. i like them all, but those squirrels are great, they look freezing cold with all that icy snow all over them! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back