Another bad day to be a mouse (NSFML)

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not suitable for mouse lovers.. I warned you. So it was blowing about 40 MPH today and was icy cold. Wasn't expecting to see much. I haven't seen George Jr. in awhile and as I was driving across a causeway I saw a RT cruising around. Found him about 1/2 mile away hanging out in a cemetary of all places. Hung with him for awhile and luckily he saw a mouse because my fingers were getting quite numb. It was just about impossible to hold the lens steady, but somehow I held the 12.5 pound combo as the wind was gusting and blowing me around. The skills these hawks possess is unbelievable. Not only did he see the mouse in the phragamites he somehow countered the wind.. thanks for looking and comments welcome..

1 posing
George Jr 1_19 9 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

2 the dive
George Jr 1_19 5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

3 Into the phrags(un cropped)
George Jr 1_19 4 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

4 apply the tail brakes...
George Jr 1_19 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

5 Success
George Jr 1_19 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

6 smile your on camera
George Jr 1_19 7 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

7 Off with your head
George Jr 1_19 3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Nice set Kris. Like you mentioned in the other thread slim pickin's around here also. We have the local Red-tailed that will pose for anyone with a cellphone and some Harriers. The Snowies are far and few in between.

Jeez. Now I'm hungry.

Awesome set mate I love it

Wow! Incredible! and 2 the dive :headbang:

Nice set, but the last one is a little bit nasty :D

Sweetness.
Jeez. Now I'm hungry.
Wow! Always amazing.
Awesome set mate I love it
Wow. One heck of a set of captures. Poor mousy.
Fantastic!
Wow! Incredible! and 2 the dive :headbang:
Excellent.....
An exceptional set. kudos
Thanks for all the kind words!

Nice set Kris. Like you mentioned in the other thread slim pickin's around here also. We have the local Red-tailed that will pose for anyone with a cellphone and some Harriers. The Snowies are far and few in between.
Finally that the cold has set in I actually saw 5 eagles this morning. Quite a bit of hawk activity too. I would imagine things will be heating up for you soon!

Nice set, but the last one is a little bit nasty :D
Nasty is my trademark :) Someone of facebook reported #7 and FB wanted me to delete it, which I wouldn't. They put a black warning label over it saying it contained mature content such as graphical violence... WTF. I won't post a rant here I already did on my FB page...

These are exceptionally high quality images and speak very highly of your prowess and grit to be there in the midst of all the action capturing all patiently.
Kudos & serious accolades mate!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back