Another from my first wedding...

Juga

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good morning everyone. Here is another shot from my first wedding shoot. Any C&C is appreciated but I am having a hard time deciding if I did to do any edits at all. The only thing I have done so far is up the exposure because it was a bit underexposed in the original and cropped off a little bit on the right side and I am thinking about trying to clone out the rust on the piling they are kissing on. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Oh and I wish I didn't cut off part of her arm at the bottom but I don't think it completely ruins the shot.
$TheBrowns2.jpg

Yes, I would clone out the rust stain. I can't say im a fan of the concept, but I see what you were going for.

Yes, I would clone out the rust stain. I can't say im a fan of the concept, but I see what you were going for.

Fair enough but thanks for verifying my feeling about the rust.

I'd like to see a couple more from the set. Its not terrible. Just doesn't have that wow factor that "pops"?

I do like the concept though, and I like the composition. Just needs something.

I'd like to see a couple more from the set. Its not terrible. Just doesn't have that wow factor that "pops"?

This gives me mixed emotions. I like that you like the concept and composition but really this was the best of this pose. The others from this pose the bridesmaids and groomsmen were out of sync with faces or blinking.

This gives me mixed emotions. I like that you like the concept and composition but really this was the best of this pose. The others from this pose the bridesmaids and groomsmen were out of sync with faces or blinking.

Do you have any that you didn't cut her arm off? Maybe try a nice black and white. With selective dodge and burning to help bring out some details.

I would have scrapped the idea of the peeping bridal party altogether. It's fine to have them in the frame, but this seems a bit childish to me.

Weddings are a lot about capturing the moment of romance between the bride and groom. I feel as though the addition of the bridal party cheapens that to an extent. You could have shot this at a much longer focal length, and had the similarly dressed folks lined up on each of the posts (one per post) heading towards the water. They'd be supplementary, but not a distraction that takes away from the romance of the newlyweds.

$TheBrowns4.jpg

Tyler, I shot it with the idea in mind that I can crop them out and turn it into another shot in case I didn't like it or my client. Like this ^^^ What do you think?

Send me your original if you don't mind.

sscarmack [at] gmail [dot] com

View attachment 45594

Tyler, I shot it with the idea in mind that I can crop them out and turn it into another shot in case I didn't like it or my client. Like this ^^^ What do you think?

I do like this more, certainly. I feel that the subjects are a bit underexposed and could benefit from some fill though. Also, you might want to consider a straight up square format for this.

I agree fill would have been nice. When I was look at it during a break in the wedding I thought the same thing. Of course part of learning is critiquing right especially myself.

$TheBrowns4.jpg
I adjusted the brush and made it square.

Most reactions

Back