Another of my little girl

Paul Colose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
She is the best subject. She loves to have her picture taken, and she takes direction well... stand there, look up, etc... lol

Here's my second submission for C&C. I loved the first comments, thank you for your insight. Please feel free to look in my gallery and comment there, also.

Montchanin07.jpg

Please let me know if the color/bw overlay layer is too pretentious.

Regards,

Paul

Umm, okay. How do I say this. I don't like the composition, why? It looks like she's chained from where she is placed. -_- Her body language doesn't help much..
The cars really take away from it, I'm not sure about the selective color. It's not too bad, at least it isn't red. I would choose a different location and reshoot.

I'm with Sbuxo on this one Paul. It would help to know what you were going for when you shot this? Either way, she's dead right about the cars.

I looked at your gallery, this is by far the best shot in there:

Montchanin04.JPG

I appreciate you going for something different, like in the last thread (walking away, sepia edit) but these are difficult photo ideas to pull off and have even more difficult to have them appeal to others. I'd try to work with more simple compositions in the meantime, like in your photo I posted here - seemed to work really well in this case. I like how both she and the door are cut off and I like the strong horizontal divide in the background between the ground and cool looking wall.

I guess I wasn't really going for anything at that point... I was shooting her walking around, and of the ones I shot, the gallery I have up now were the ones that I liked.

I am a total novice, so constructive feedback is what I really want to hear.

I also hate the cars, so had planned on cropping them out, but wanted to show the uncropped photo to see if my gut saying get rid of them was in agreement with others.

Edit: Thanks, reznap, I liked that shot, too. One of the few I actually staged that day. Most of the shots were of her walking around, and I would say, "Stay there for a second..."

Thanks for giving me your insight.

Regards,

Paul

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back