Another PS Question

Andrea K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is there anyway that I can find out what I've done to a picture (ie. how much contrast I've applied)? I have a picture that I really like, but unfortunately I had resized it to roughly 800x600 before I did the editing, and now I would like to do the exact same effects on a full size version so that I can make a print of it. Is there anyway that I can find out what I've done so I can do it again on the original? Or do I just have to guess about what I've done?

Thanks

That's a bummer, but luckily for me I think I pretty much got it so it looks the same. It sure is a good thing I have no knowledge of complex PS tools, all I ever do is saturation/contrast/auto levels. :D

You could try using the colour match feature if you have it (don't know what version it was intorduced) I think that might apply contrast etc as well and tone and colour values.

You should always do your edits using adjustment layers, in the future. Then you can double click the adjustment layer, and see what settings were used, and modify them if necessary. You can even go as far as dragging these layers into other pictures to apply the same affect.

Digital Matt said:
You should always do your edits using adjustment layers, in the future. Then you can double click the adjustment layer, and see what settings were used, and modify them if necessary. You can even go as far as dragging these layers into other pictures to apply the same affect.

Yep I do this now. It is annoying when you don't know what you've done or want to alter something instead of having to undo and redo.

always keep originals of your files, you can see them side by side
(original and modified..)

the more you use PS, youll just know by looking at the before and after exactly what youve done....

In time youll even know after just seeing the after picture.....

PS gets in the brain.....:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back