Another try at maturnity

cornetlord

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.snazzyshutter.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This I hope will be the gallery header for my new site being done for my maternity section....CC's welcome.
$_MG_3884-Edit.jpg

Ummmm... I wouldn't recommend it for that purpose, not. First of all, an almost straight-on profile doens't really accentuate the belly, and the fabric of that particular top seems to flatten things out even more. Additionally there is the cropped finger of her left hand, and the missing elbow and upper right arm. Cropping limbs is fine when you have to, but never at/near joints and NEVER along a lateral axis. If you must, always do it boldly.

You have a little bit of hair showing on the right (image left) side of the collar, and the top is very wrinkled. You've also lost a lot of the detail in her hands. I would drop the flash down probably 1/2 stop or so, and watch things like the cuff shadow her right hand.

A category header image should be the best of your best. This one would fine to include in a set for a client (assuming the cropped limbs were corrected), but IMO, it's not strong enough to be the "I'm a materinity photographer" shot.

Was there a reason you chose to shoot in landscape?

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I think when you're doing something like a banner that says: "Anonymous woman, obviously pregnant" Many of the rules can go out the window to suit the format (like a web banner).
It's not gallery worthy, but it serves the purpose - for now.

I dunno if it's just me, but her hands look super pale to me, and too bright as TI mentioned already. Just wanted to point out the pale factor, as it appears to me.

Most reactions

Back