Another WEBSITE CC

CNCO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just created a website. First I wanted to go very simple and plain but try to display the images in a unique way. I have some layout work to do with the spry's and creating some background graphics but I am looking for a start before I move on.

Home Page

Without a background image/color (other than white), the website feels really empty. Also, I'm not a fan of the sidebar layout or placement of logo.

The wood background is poor on the links. Your name is pixelated. I don't know what to click on or do, or why I'm here. It really needs a lot more work.

I'm using a 1024 x 768 monitor and I have to scroll right to see your "content"...in this case empty space. You need to center it and remove the empty space.

The wood background has to go as well as your "logo".

Are you planning on selling your work or is this website just for showing your friends/family?

Yeah Like orljustin said, the faux wood doesnt look so good...but you have some great imagery on there bro !

well heres the thing, i am currently shooting for a minor league hockey team. i would love love love to create a sports portfolio and get picked up by getty images. i have already been in contact with a few people there but thats it. they told me to create a website or an online portfolio. this is what i wanted to create. my problem is that i didnt want people to use my images with out my authorization so i used the lightbox plug in.

i know the site needs some frame work and layout but im really more concerned with keeping the site plain n simple but showing my images.

im upset that no one thought the wood background on the sprys was unique. i guess im the only one.

unique is not always best.

I agree with clean, but there it can easily be too clean.

Maybe look into a basic site from smugmug or zenfolio, they have pre-built clean style templates

do they offer flash or java to protect images?

smugmug does, not flash though. No right clicking enabled, no download links...Flash is the devil's cookies.

Zenfolio does as well... you can have a 14 day trial with both, so try them out

Flash is crap, lets be honest. It doesn't run on iphones or iPads, I like smugmug because it runs everywhere its fast, its easy to use.

If your worried about people stealing your images water-mark them...

do not get caught up in the java gimmicks ... if someone wants your stuff and it is online they can get it just by looking at the source for the file

do not get caught up in the java gimmicks ... if someone wants your stuff and it is online they can get it just by looking at the source for the file

how can they steal my image by looking at the source? i use godaddy for a domain and hosting. they would have to hack into my account remote server and go from there right?

if your images are not on a password protected server. ie you have them posted for others to view via the web they are basically "public" images. Not talking ownership talking viewable/downloadable.

not even going to go into the fact that you are sharing that server with thousands of other websites.

Just use the css background-image property and leave it at that, you aren't going to stop people from just screenshotting stuff if they really want to steal it.

Once something is posted online, it can be stolen. Putting things in place like not allowing right clicks and passwords on galleries will stop the average person from taking it, but if someone really wants it, they will find a way to get it.

Its like buying those clubs for the car, that lock your steering wheel in place. This will stop the majority of people from stealing your car, but a pro car thief can get through that in 10 seconds.

Most reactions

Back