Any ideas for a camera bag that doesn't look like a camera bag

I would suggest a regular backpack, maybe wrapped in a small towel to prevent the lens and the camera from hitting each other. However, if it were me, I would just be very careful and not let my camera out of sight. I would also invest in an Air Taser. If you look hard, they are not very expensive, and especially traveling to poorer areas, they are good to have around.

I used a National Geographic Camera Bag. Its like a messenger bag, big enough for a flash, two lenses, camera, and bits and bobs, also room for a small laptop. Its pretty cool.....

lol, i used a big brown paper bag the other day. it got a little wet though, and my stuff started spilling out the bottom.

Here's what I'm using at the moment, kind of like a mini messenger bag but cheaper ($19). I'm going to get some padded inserts before I head overseas (or probably just rip some out of an old camera bag & stitch'em together), my set-up right now is pretty small - just a canon xt body, 70-300mm lens & a 50 mm lens.
4879444_9ba60d02fe.jpg

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441773379&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474395961719&bmUID=1211118643138

It does make one shoulder sore after a few hours, but it's got tons of little zippered pockets (no noisy velcro). I've been using it instead of a purse 'cos it fits a magazine, my lunch, etc etc.

I'm thinking about having my wife rework a soft-side cooler into a camera bag. Here in TX, the insulation ought to help quite a bit, and it never hurts to have tough padding.

Before I bought my Domke I used an old bag I bought at the local Army surplus store, they have all shapes & sizes already broke in.

Boing.

Crumpler 7mdh here. It's a great carry all bag for the most part...I still can't fit everything in there though. It currently houses:

30D + Grip
18-55 kit
50mm
70-200
580EX II in it's nylon case
Stofen copy diffuser
Umbrella adapter
3 heavy duty clamps with 1/4 20 thread screws for adapters
2 Pocket Wizard PII's
4 extra Eneloops
Eneloop charger
Canon charger
CF card reader
PC cables
manuals
business cards
other junk
etc...

I did have to re-arrange the dividers to get everything to fit, but that wasn't a problem for me.

2232860148_c0e34784ac_o.jpg

A diaper bag works great, you can protect your lenses with the diapers, one might wonder where the baby is though.:D

Heh as much as I like crumplers, I do not want to get the "crumpler's curse". Which really is Crumpler being a victim of its own success. Crumplers were aimed at people who want a great but discreet camera bag. But since alot of folks do choose crumpler, its alot more popular now for people who want to be discreet about their gear. Any thief can tell u have a nice kit in that bag by looking at the crumpler logo. So yes crumplers are great bags just dont expect it to be safe from thieves.

Get the one that looks like a diaper bag and stain a diaper with BBQ sauces and leave it hanging out of a pocket - that will make it 100% safe

Most reactions

Back