Any suggestions on posing guidance?

NewsboysFan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few years ago I was really getting into photography and doing portraits, but I had to take a break from it until now.

So now I am trying to get back into it, and I was hoping some of you could give me some advice on posing resources, preferably something online, although books would be good to.

Ive found some websites of some professional photographers, but I was hoping some here could suggest some more.

Thanks for any help.

I have some portrait sessions coming up, one of a family of 4, two adults and two kids around 10 and 14. The other is of a 4 year old girl, and if I can talk her parents into posing, them as well for some pictures. :) And hopefully I will have a 3rd session with 3 kids, a baby round 5 months, a 2 year old and a 6 year old. Im not really sure how to pose them with out looking like walmart studio quality.

As for gear, I dont have any backdrops, so im going to use natural surroundings, like fireplaces, Christmas tree, etc. I would prefer to be able to get farther away from the background because of the flashes and harsh shadows, but I dont think thats going to be possible for these.

I have a two flashes and a flash slave that I can attach to one of them, with the 2nd being wired to the camera. I have a good understanding of lighting, I just have work on it some more.

And I have various lenses, the ones I use the most are my 50mm F1.8 and 85mm F1.8. Im looking forward to the day when I can own the Canon EF-S 17-55 F2.8 IS. Ive used it once before, and it was great, until the next day and I had a really sore neck from the weight of that lens. :)

David.

Most reactions

Back