Domain Discreet
ATTN: digicombos.com
P.O. Box 278
Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
CA
Phone: 1-902-7495331
Email: [email protected]
------------
So we have a domain that was just registered last year but if you look on the bottom of their main page, you'll see:

Copyright © 2004 DigiCombos Inc. All Rights Reserved.

hmm.. Also the domain was registered in canada but again.. if you look at the bottom of their webpage:

DigiCombos.com
54 Pearl St.
Brooklyn NY 11201

Also, What in the World is that EMAIL contact in the registration?

It is also my observations that 9 out of 10 online shops based out of NYC is a scam. Many are the same scammers with multiple websites.

There is not much moving room in the price of photographic equipment... If the price is significantly cheaper than everyone else then that in of itself should raise red flags. They are also not a BBB member nor is there any information on them on the BBB website.

I trust B&H.. please use the link on this forum's pages.

typically domains registered that way are anonymous to keep from getting spamed and solicited by other company's or solicitors. The e-mail is a anonymous address that gets forwarded to where ever they want it to after it is filtered for junk.....

I have not done any business with the company but I just thought share what I know about the domain registration done that way.

Thanks for all the replies. I would have never even thought to look at all the website info like that. :confused: I bet those kits they sell also have very cheap and flimsy accessories so in the long run it would be better to buy the lenses and tripods separately. I'm very new and just trying to figure out what's out there. I probably won't actually buy a dslr for another few months just so i can do a bunch of research first.

I bet those kits they sell also have very cheap and flimsy accessories so in the long run it would be better to buy the lenses and tripods separately
It's more likely (the typical scam) that their advertised price doesn't come with they usual accesories. So when you call them up to confirm (they always try to get you on the phone) they give you the hard sell on overpriced accesories...either things that should have been included...or just other stuff that you may need (memory cards etc). If you try to cut though the B.S. then they tell you that the camera is back ordered and won't be in for X number of weeks....which will eventually cause you to call them again, so they can get you on the phone again. I've heard of some people fighting through it but most just cancel their order.

As mentioned, stick with B&H or Adorama. They are probably the two biggest/most popular camera stores in North America or even the world. Their prices may not be super low but you can rest assured that they are pretty fair.

The other alternative is to buy your gear from a local shop and have face to face contact. This also helps, if you have any problems and need to return anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back