Anyone see the face in the water?

sfantone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I am new to these forums. Thought I would share some photos I took relativly recently in the Boston Area. Let me know what you think. Can you see the face in the water?

Yeah I can see it there's a great big green circle around it. :lol:

1 is nice enough but I'd like to see some forground interest. 2 doesn't really float my boat (pardon the pun). The highlights are badly blown and the guy is facing out of frame, is slightly soft and he's on the phone.

3 is effin spectacular! It would be a great firework shot anyway but the canoeist makes this a triumph of composition IMO, it really tells a story. I'd consider cropping out the distracting line at the bottom of the frame though.

Welcome to TPF, I'll look forward to seeing more of your shots.

Number 3 must have been at the start of the show. Half way through there was so much smoke, you couldn't even see the fireworks. Still a good show nonetheless, cool shot too.

I actually took the first one in 2006 and the second 2 in 2007.

Here's another fun pic. I took this in 2007 as well. It's a picture of a large snapping turtle I found in my back yard. I think it is well composed. Let me know what you think. Thanks for all the feedback! :) If anyone would like a full size copy of any of these images, I would be happy to e-mail it to you.

Steve

I'll echo the opinions given so far on the first 3 shots. Man that third is very cool, especially with the canoer.

From my novice eyes I see the turtle being over exposed also but he sure is an awesome looking creature!

Not bad! The turtle shot wasn't great... I couldn't quite even tell what it was. I think part of the problem is you used a direct flash which put some very harsh light on the subject. A bit more of an angle would have helped too, I think. (btw, careful those things are fricken dangerous!)

BTW, are you from the Boston area? Or were you just visiting?

<--- Bostonian

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I am from the Boston area. Grew up in Lynnfield, work in Wakefield, live in Brighton, and go to school at Northeastern. Can usually find me hanging out in cambridge or out on the water checking lobster traps.

Where in MA are you from? Know of any forums in Boston in which I would be able to display photography?

Steve

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I am from the Boston area. Grew up in Lynnfield, work in Wakefield, live in Brighton, and go to school at Northeastern. Can usually find me hanging out in cambridge or out on the water checking lobster traps.

Where in MA are you from? Know of any forums in Boston in which I would be able to display photography?

Ah, cool! I work in Bedford, live further out west on the 495 belt.

I'm actually just starting to work on placed to display my work myself... I have a showing in a couple months at a local dentist's office. From what I understand, it's really just about having the nerve to ask around. I haven't done that yet (I happen to know this dentist personally), so as soon as I get some more prints made up, I plan to try. :)

Good to meet another Bostonian! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back