Anyone use The Darkroom . com for processing?

DigiFilm

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I ran across them doing a search for processing labs. They claim to be able to recover old film. In their email they say they've had success with film up to 50 years old. I have 20+ exposed rolls that have been in the back of the refrigerator for as long as 25 years.

Don't ask.

Their prices seem decent compared to others, $11 a roll flat rate. If the roll is black they issue a credit for future processing.

Would like to know if anyone has any experience with them. I have no idea what's on the film, but we kept it for a reason.

Thanks.

Photo Lab Film Developing | Develop Film by Mail for $11 - The Darkroom

Thanks.

Forgot to add, feel free to recommend your preferred processor.

Old black n white film can be process years after it was shot and come out fine. Color print film on the other hand will have massive base fog and off colors depending how it was stored.

We still proicess film at my work with me doing the BW personally.
Schillers.... Home -

I've had really good luck with oldschoolphotolab.com . They also give a discount if you have multiple rolls, so they might be cheaper than the other options.

The darkroom is top notch. I use them occasionally for color film when I don't have the time. The super scans are really nice if you want to print bigger.

Thanks all.

I use them and like them.

Ok, I'm impressed. We had no idea what was on the three rolls I sent to Darkroom, or exactly how old they might be. After developing I can easily narrow this down to Memorial Day of 1987, making this film about 32 years old.

The three rolls all date to '87-'88. Three photos from one of the rolls have magenta starting to show in the background, but the photos are very usable as memories. One was Kodak, One Fuji, and one Konica. All were 100 ASA.

This is presented as uploaded to me using their standard scan. I did not retouch, correct color, or change anything other than reducing the size to 1000 pixels on the long side. This was a good friend at a Memorial Day cookout, which is how I know exactly what day they were taken. I have 20 more rolls to send.

DS1 by telecast, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back