anyway to recover a memory card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually there is software that can go beyond the basic "Windoze does not detect any new hardware" I think Seagate Recovery and even one from Western Digital has software that can see a HDD where Windoze cannot. I am not sure if there is one specifically for SD cards but I would not strike it down. Even though "some" of the hardware has failed does not mean it is a total loss when just trying software.

Except one problem - there is no free software which can repair damaged SD card, which can't be detected by your pc......
480sparky and audiobomber, have you even read what OP said? One thing is recovering deleted files and other thing is to repair a hardware failure!

You're right, I didn't read the original post correctly. I have an Adata card with a broken housing that can't be read in a card reader, but I am able to download straight from the camera to my computer using a cable. Worth a try.

The time I successfully recovered files with Recuva, it was because of a failed card. I didn't delete the files, but neither my camera nor my computer could find them. I was able to find most of them with Recuva, but some were corrupted.

Except one problem - there is no free software which can repair damaged SD card, which can't be detected by your pc......
480sparky and audiobomber, have you even read what OP said? One thing is recovering deleted files and other thing is to repair a hardware failure!

You're right, I didn't read the original post correctly. I have an Adata card with a broken housing that can't be read in a card reader, but I am able to download straight from the camera to my computer using a cable. Worth a try.

The time I successfully recovered files with Recuva, it was because of a failed card. I didn't delete the files, but neither my camera nor my computer could find them. I was able to find most of them with Recuva, but some were corrupted.

I work for a data recovery company. If there is any kind of physical or electrical damage, recovery software won't work and you'll need to send it to a DR company. You're welcome to PM me for more info. Most of the time the cards are recoverable.

It could be that the formatting is corrupted.

Go to the website of the company that made the card and see if they have a recovery program in their support section. If you're still having problems, call them.

what is a realistic price to pay a company to do it. locally i'm hearing $300-1000 depending on what it takes........

As computer is unable to read so there is no way except sending it to any Data Recovery Company. But, They will charge you for this.

Last edited:
austin_mark99, nice joke :)

Yet another Recovery Spammer strikes again!

Yet another Recovery Spammer strikes again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back