Arctic storm

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Storm clouds coming in from the North Sea toward Senja, Norway. I think this simple composition works well, but I would love to hear what you think.

Works for me very nicely, a great image and goes bang on in mono too.

I like this. The image when posted here seems to have some halos around the island, but not so much when I view from flickr (though they are still there to some degree). Be careful with the processing. Nice shot.

I like this. The image when posted here seems to have some halos around the island, but not so much when I view from flickr (though they are still there to some degree). Be careful with the processing. Nice shot.

The halo is not present in my lightroom version. Must be some weird compression artefact? Nice catch, though :)

I do not believe any media capture clouds better than Black and White.

But I suppose that is me and my humble opinion.

Great shot, thanks for posting

nice images - congrats!

I think the composition is a success, for sure. I do see the haloing, and it looks like the image might have a bit too much sharpening, and I think it needs a very slight clockwise rotation to the water, for visual balance. Normally I'm not overly concerned about "level" on a horizon, but on this particular shot, I'd like to see the CW rotation. The cloud formation is simply spectacular! Some contrast boosting or clarity manipulation could be done on the cloud mass, if desired. It's a good picture. Lots of possible ways to interpret it, because it is a good picture. Well seen! Captured well.

Most reactions

Back