Arsenal Camera Assistant - I don't get it?

Tropicalmemories

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Facebook advertising algorithm thinks I need an Arsenal AI camera assistant and keeps posting the ad.

So I read the ad today before hitting the 'not interested' button.

I just don't understand what it's for - I must be missing something?

It can remote control your camera - but so can my phone using a free App from Fuji.

It can focus bracket - but my camera has a setting for that, and it can optimise the setting, but that's what my fingers are for, and if I'd wanted a fully auto camera I'd not have bought one with full manual controls.

Is it just for people who don't read manuals, or is there more to it than I've understood from the ad?

Anyone bought one?

Last edited:
Would you be able to use it if you were to buy it? If the answer is yes, then you seem to be a potential buyer, and it seems that you have somehow successfully been identified as a potential buyer.

And give them access to your system.

The Facebook advertising algorithm thinks I need an Arsenal AI camera assistant and keeps posting the ad.

So I read the ad today before hitting the 'not interested' button.

I just don't understand what it's for - I must be missing something?

It can remote control your camera - but so can my phone using a free App from Fuji.

It can focus bracket - but my camera has a setting for that, and it can optimise the setting, but that's what my fingers are for, and if I'd wanted a fully auto camera I'd not have bought one with full manual controls.

Is it just for people who don't read manuals, or is there more to it than I've understood from the ad?

Anyone bought one?

I don't think you can buy a half decent digital camera without full manual controls. I've certainly known photographers who prefer full auto yet have basic DSLRs that support full manual.

I generally ignore the pop up ads, if they are for something I'm interested in it's because I've recently googled it - and often actually ordered it. Often it's simply something photography related but not for a system I use - I have more than enough systems already!

I could certainly use a photographic assistant, but I doubt their app would help carry my gear or hold lighting etc...

But can you do all of the above at once??? Went to their website, and appears that it takes full auto to a new level by doing all of the things you mention. I would likely not be a candidate because I'm not typically an auto mode person.

Well I went and researched this thing and can tell you not only no but HELL NO!

Any time a wireless system attached to your various devices with the IoT enabled tells me that whatever is attached can be hacked.

Part of why I am creeping back to film.

Windows users and their security hyper-vigilance has long been interesting to me.

Microshaft's use of dynamic linking libraries, anyone?

But can you do all of the above at once??? Went to their website, and appears that it takes full auto to a new level by doing all of the things you mention. I would likely not be a candidate because I'm not typically an auto mode person.

For my typical use I'm using aperture priority and adjusting aperture and exposure compensation as I feel is needed. So perhaps I'm just not in the target buyer group - which is why I can't understand it's value?

Most reactions

Back