Article Pictures

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
In my department, my reputation as a person that occasionally takes pictures has preceded me and I was asked to take two pictures for two different articles going into our new quarterly newsletter that will be shared cross locationally between our office here in NH and our main office in NC. I thought I'd share them to see if ya'll get the same feeling for them as I was trying to convey.

The first one is an article that I had to write about this huge project we're working on where we're having to get rid of over 600,000 files over the course of around six months. It's a daunting task with very tight deadlines.

art2.jpg

This second one is a spoof article that is supposed to look like nessie has invaded our pond in front of the office. This was my best one day photoshop hack I could come up with on such short notice. We all thought it was pretty funny. :D

art1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

lol

nice first pic

the second pic gave me a good chuckle

"nessie" does seem to be brighter than the rest of the picture though

and i'm not quite sure what the clay man in the background is supposed to be :S

I have to say I think the first image nails the concept you are trying to convey in the article. Well done, a good visual interpretation.

The second image is ok, just not as conceptual as the first (it looks as though this is more of a spoof so it may work). Have you tried running it in a more loch-ness photo style? You know ... black and white, grainy and out of focus ... where it's hard to really tell what's going on. Do a google image search for Nessy to see what I mean.

It's nice to see editorial work like this up for critique, keep it coming!

love the first! gorgeous b/w
the seconds funny :D :D :D
thanks for sharing :)

Thanks everyone. We actually wanted the second one to look really hokey because we didn't want to start having people hang out by the pond over lunch waiting for this thing to surface as well as having our people from NC coming up to try and take a picture of our swamp monster. :D

Yes, have to agree with others on the first one!

Most reactions

Back