What's new

Asia trip

Killx

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Location
Darwin, Australia
Haven't posted in a while as I have been moving around a lot and just got back from vietnam. Now that I have a few days to rest before I have to try and get myself to Melbourne at the other end of the country for uni I thought I would share some of the better shots sifted from the chaff.

#1 Royal Palace (Bangkok)

royalpalacelw8.jpg



#2 I am only putting this one in as it has a story - This was taken on my 30D with some shocking WA filter attached to the end of my already dodgy 18-55mm lens...all the while the guy in the shop who had comandeered was assuring me there is no distortion and it was his best morning price for $250 USD - lol I wonder how many toursists with too much money that they catch with all their fake zeiss products. That's me on the left btw - not the most flattering photo.

img4664pf3.jpg


#3
Shot taken at Chatuchack Market.

chutuchukmktzo8.jpg


#4 Flower that was at the royal palace - took it out of boredom but didn't mind the result.

royalpalace2ha2.jpg





Anyways I'll stop now have a few more decent ones (imho) which I will add to this thread or make another one if people enjoy these.
 
i love the first one, even though I wouldn't mind seeing it more 'compressed', maybe from a different angle face and flower would have been a little closer together. I like the athmosphere, one can almost feel the sun shine on one's skin. It glistens. Beautiful. :sexywink:
 
Cheers Parago yeah the first one is probably my favourite shot from the trip. I can see what you mean about the 'compression' and I agree it would have been nice to get both face and flower closer to the same plane.
 
I really like how you made the flower the center of focus in the first one instead of the face/head. Also, the lights(?) in the background make a very subtle but effective framing. Lovely!
 
Thought I'd chuck up a few more shots while I wait for the uni to ring me back :).

*Halong Bay
halongbaylk0.jpg




*Another royal palace shot

goldps7.jpg



* sleepy...

sleepingdp5.jpg
 
I like the close-up Royal Palace shots, I think. Any more of those? :mrgreen:
 
Welcome back from what looks like a most interesting trip, killx!
Yes, I am SURE you have many more photos that will be VERY interesting to most of us who have never been to such faraway lands!
Keep posting them as you get them processed, will you?
They are very nice.

And did you buy that lens in the end?
Did that shop assistent take the photo for you to prove how good this bargain would be for you? Or how did it come about?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom