...Asking a client on a date?

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, here's the scenario: I put up a craigslist ad looking for models for TFP shoots. I've had several successful shoots with one model in particular.. a beautiful young woman 2-3 years younger than me. Things have been 100% professional up to this point, but we tend to get along really well during the shoots. We've done 3 shoots together now, and grabbed some takeout after the last one but things remained professional and didn't cross much into our personal lives.

Would I be out of line to ask her on an actual date? I normally wouldn't consider it at all, as I tend to err on the side of caution and keep things 100% professional while taking photos with clients. But the urge to do so has come up several times now. I don't want to ruin the potential to work with her in the future, but I'd also like to get to know her better.

Thoughts?

we had another TPFer ask the same question several months ago ...

No. no. no. no. never. no. It's just too tacky.
Look for people to date in social environments, not work.
No.
Did I mention, no.

No.
Did I mention, no.

Except this isn't work. It's a hobby I do on the side that just so happens to pay for itself sometimes.

No.
Did I mention, no.
I met my lovely wife at work. We've been married for 32 years. :D

Remain professional. There are a lot of better places to meet people for social interaction.

One of my friends met his wife through a photo shoot. He was her photographer, she was his client. As long as you're honest, genuine, and not creepy then go for it. Everything happens for a reason. If it's not meant to be, then it's not.

It's perfectly OK. Just don't do it during a shoot. You obviously have her contact info so simply message her / call her (whichever way you typically communicate with her) and ask her out casually. Like many said, others often have met their wives through work. I've known photographers to date / eventually marry models, makeup artists and other photographers. Now, if you were trying to date every second model or so you shot... that's where it gets really unprofessional.

go get you some!
Classy... Lol

For the op, in the immortal words of Rocky Balboa, go for it.

It may lead to nothing or it may lead to something life changing. But at least when you get to be my age you won't look back and regret having not tried.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Go for it, but don't push to much or she might fear working with you otherwise, accept it if it's a negative outcome, and mention to her that you love working with her and that you don't want things to get weird at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back