assisting a photographer

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I will be assisting a guy I've never met tomorrow night for a shoot. I don't think I will be the only person assisting. I don't really know what to expect except setting up lights and cleaning.

Should I know where to put the lights? or will he tell me?
What if I don't know how to use his equipment? I really want to impress this guy.

Is there anything I should do, say, watch out for, not do or say?

Thank you :)

The do's and don'ts of being an assistant: don't get in the way and do what you are told.
Just ask the photographer what he wants you to do right at the beginning - and be prepared to do things like making the tea and unblocking the toilet.
Good luck.

Gotto agree with Hertz, but remember, he was probably in your situation at the begining, and not all pros are old mean men.
Do what your told, do the best you can, and dont be frightend to try a photo if youve got the camera...and be confident, even if your dying inside.

The above posts are on point. More often than not the photographer will explain how he wants things done. Pay close attention. Of course if you do not know how some thing works just ask.

You will do fine. Just be confident. The work can be frustrating, but sticking with it is key. You will really learn a lot.

As a young assistant I was able to make every single mistake possible. None the less I only got fired twice.

"None the less I only got fired twice." lol

I can't afford to get fired. There aren't a lot of photographers to assist.

Thanks everyone :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back