Attempt at "Edgy" Prom Shots C&C

Thanks Rancor. I KNOW that they aren't perfect which is why they are posted in the BEGINNER section and I am ASKING for C&C. But I also know that I have talent that just needs to be refined. I literally just got my first DSLR in December and people are already paying me to take their pictures. I WANT to take perfect pictures......I know that I am not yet.

I know you're all about natural light and all, but had you used a fill flash you could have had a nice sky instead of it being blown out.

Oooooh! Is that how you avoid getting a blown out sky when shooting with natural light?!...is that same with overcast sky as well?

A touch of reflector fill, or fill-flash would have helped her eyes appear more lifelike and sparkly in most of these shots.

Great read & thread, I have learn quite a few things from this thread! ;)

In my opinion both of these do look like they are obviously lit by an "man made" source. There is a glare on her hair and she just looks plastic to me.

I don't understand why you people think it is your way or the highway. Whatever. I'll get in my car and drive I guess.

Thank you for your response.

Join! I did, it's fun! :sexywink:

Me too; apparently two stops over is the new correctly exposed!

Well, you always hear "expose to the right".... They just leave of that you fix it in post.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

And that's pretty stupid IMO. I haven't found a reason to expose to the right under normal conditions. Heck, I haven't exposed to the right intentionally for any reason. I prefer to have the most image data in my raw file.

Me too; apparently two stops over is the new correctly exposed!

Well, you always hear "expose to the right".... They just leave of that you fix it in post.

And that's pretty stupid IMO. I haven't found a reason to expose to the right under normal conditions. Heck, I haven't exposed to the right intentionally for any reason. I prefer to have the most image data in my raw file.

The entire point behind "expose to the right" is to make sure you have the most image data in your RAW file.

Joe

The entire point behind "expose to the right" is to make sure you have the most image data in your RAW file.

Joe

+1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back