Attractive Nuisance

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Say Morning Glory to a gardener and you can expect a long stream of expletives in between pauses to spit on the ground. But they sure are pretty. (Had to pull them up after I took the photos; they were going for my tomatoes.)

Can't decide which version I prefer.

Joe

A)
21970441965_2b8d257028_o.jpg

B)
21944257786_9b51265d77_o.jpg

I think I might like the first particularly with just a little less tree trunk in the top of the composition to bring the emphasis more to the flower.

I don't know, I was leaning toward the second one but I like the way the flower fills more of the frame in the first.

Toss a quarter.

They're both lovely, but I'd say B is the better of the two for the same reason JacaRanda stated, the new bud is better positioned. :)

B) for me because the new bud is in a better position.
They're both lovely, but I'd say B is the better of the two for the same reason JacaRanda stated, the new bud is better positioned. :)

Yep, that's a real good point.

I think I might like the first particularly with just a little less tree trunk in the top of the composition to bring the emphasis more to the flower.

I don't know, I was leaning toward the second one but I like the way the flower fills more of the frame in the first.

Toss a quarter.

I like the higher contrast in the lighting in the first one but I think the composition in the 2nd is better. I'm gettin' out the quarter. Thanks all.

Joe

Last edited:
Very nice! I love how Morning Glory's seem to "glow" in the center. I photographed many this fall. I think both pictures are pleasing.

While she's not a gardener, the OP's comment about Morning Glory doesn't even BEGIN to cover my wife's sentiments about the stuff! LOL! I still have visions of my wife out in the back yard with a machete hacking and slashing away at the stuff, cursing like a drunken pirate.........

As far as the pictures go, I have to agree with vintagesnaps...I prefer A except with a bit more cropped off the top. Maybe a nice 8 x 10 format there.

While she's not a gardener, the OP's comment about Morning Glory doesn't even BEGIN to cover my wife's sentiments about the stuff! LOL! I still have visions of my wife out in the back yard with a machete hacking and slashing away at the stuff, cursing like a drunken pirate.........

As far as the pictures go, I have to agree with vintagesnaps...I prefer A except with a bit more cropped off the top. Maybe a nice 8 x 10 format there.

Yep, I swear I turned my back on them for two days and an entire tomato plant just vanished -- starting to feel like Howard Keel here.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back