Auction time, auction time

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There's a saying that the worse the weather the better the turnout at a farm auction, this was no exception. Cool, wet, heavy overcast sky looked like rain (or snow) at any time. The only consolation was the sandy soil, that drained quickly.

Auction11042017_346-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Auction11042017_350-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Auction11042017_360-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Auction11042017_351-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Auction11042017_362-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Auction11042017_363-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

People pay for side-delivery rakes??? :eek: I've put three of 'em in the scrap metal bin in the last year! :lol: Nice set; you can really get a sense of the mood!

People pay for side-delivery rakes??? :eek: I've put three of 'em in the scrap metal bin in the last year! :lol: Nice set; you can really get a sense of the mood!

Thanks, this was the final clean up at my cousins place. He passed away a little over a year ago. He had semi retired several years ago and had sold most of the equipment used in the grain operation. He kept the hay equipment to piddle with until he got to sick. In these pictures they were in the process of auctioning off the tools, parts etc from his shop and the junk that accumulates in the barn. I was going to bid on some things till I recognized a few items that he had bought at my father's estate sale over 30 years ago, and realised I had more than enough junk in my shop now.

Nice set! I enjoyed them a lot.

I guess bad weather is good for farm auctions because there's a lot of outside work that can't be done so you might as well go to the auction. :)

Nice set! I enjoyed them a lot.

Thank you!! For me the 4th one is my favorite. The little old man on the right was hilarious as he weaved in and out of the bigger men, trying to gain a vantage point. The photos created quite a stir, when I posted them on my FB page and tagged my cousins wife. I didn't even notice it because I was focused on the image as a whole during shooting and editing, but there is a man in 2,3,4 & 5 (2nd from the right in the 2nd photo) that could easily pass for my deceased cousin. No one at the sale or in the area, seems to know who the man is, and no one remembers seeing him anywhere else. So the story going round is that my Cousin made an appearance at his sale!!! Created quite a stir in that little
close net farming community.

I guess bad weather is good for farm auctions because there's a lot of outside work that can't be done so you might as well go to the auction

Not really, most just have the misguided belief that no one will show up if the weather is bad:allteeth:

Most reactions

Back