What's new

Audi R8

I think the branch reflections (#1) don't do much, the leafy tree reflections (#2) are good though. The flash hotspots in #1 could be doing with a little clone out I think.

Background/location is a bit distracting to be honest.. not as classy as the car deserves.

I'm not overly fond of the angles/crop cut off points (through the Audi badge / through the exhaust tips, etc)

Don't mean to be harsh and I'm sure you were working with some limitations.
 
The reflections absolutely add, and your depth of field is flawless.. Those are gorgeous shots of a gorgeous car. These photos exhibit a flawless paint/wax job..

The car in the first pic, and this in no way detracts from it, looks like it's growling and ready to bite someone just to the left of the frame.. Awesome!!

That's one sweet car, and I don't think that most people can appreciate its depth.. That car is bad-ass on Ferrari/Lamborghini level.. But I'll bet that most people think that Audi doesn't tread there.. Oh, they do.. Audi is bad ass with their AWD systems..

All wheel drive isn't just for when it's raining or snowing outside.. All wheel drive is also for when you have 500 horsepower that you need to get to the road.. You can get it there much more efficiently with four tires distributing the power than with two...


Just to let you know.. The Audi R8 shares platform/mechanics with the Lamborghini Gallardo.
 
Whenever I've done stuff for car mags, the golden rule is minimal reflections and as plain a background as possible. The subject should be sharp, natural colour with minimal PS effects...generally.These pics are sharp, nuff said.
 
Just to let you know.. The Audi R8 shares platform/mechanics with the Lamborghini Gallardo.

That's a shame.. I'd rather have German engineering over Italian any day....
 
Lamborghini is a subsidiary of Audi which is owned by Volkswagen

Ahh... That's better.. This thread has been a real roller-coaster for my emotions... :lmao:
 
Since these seem to be Car Magazine type pictures, I think you should probably keep the whole symbol in frame in number 1.

Agree with the comment on 2 about clipping the exhaust. Whats up with the pickup?

In 3, I am having a hard time with the combination of your angle and coming up with a reason to cut the car off at the bottom. It does not make the car larger, but it just seems like you missed.

With a car like that I would think that there would be some more incentive to shoot the car in a better location. It looks like you pulled up in some average neighborhood park and decided to take a few shots.
 
Since these seem to be Car Magazine type pictures, I think you should probably keep the whole symbol in frame in number 1.

Agree with the comment on 2 about clipping the exhaust. Whats up with the pickup?

In 3, I am having a hard time with the combination of your angle and coming up with a reason to cut the car off at the bottom. It does not make the car larger, but it just seems like you missed.

With a car like that I would think that there would be some more incentive to shoot the car in a better location. It looks like you pulled up in some average neighborhood park and decided to take a few shots.

Agree with all your comments - I should have been more aware of that truck in my shot when taking the photos, when I got back, noticed it was there, and ruined the shot really.. I actually like taking those cars into "low end" locations, it creates an almost ironic feel to the photos, at least that's how I look at it, but I do take them to other locations too - I will over time post many more of my photos :D

Thanks for all the feedback!!
 
A couple more..

3077964711_eba167bf91_o.jpg


3077964717_a457901743_o.jpg
 
Damn, that's a nice car.. I'll bet that would eat a Corvette for lunch!

I'd like to know how many came to America, because I've never seen one.
 
That first shot is more like it! The only problem with it is the street sign is comming out of the roof, but other than that, it's a great shot. Bad backgrounds are what really kills automotive photography, it's effected me negatively countless times. The 2nd one has the return of the dreaded truck in the background, but the car looks great in both!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom