TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello everyone

I've come back

been away a while but I've come back

(aren't you all lucky)

Seeing as I've got a title of autum tidings, i'll be showing some images I took today to you. would appreciate some comments or ways the photos could be better.

yvclh5.jpg

yvclh7.jpg

yvclhc.jpg

yvclh9.jpg

http://images.fotopic.net/yvclhc.jpg

more photo's here
http://mikeparsons.fotopic.net/c1592211_1.html

Very Cool, I would only suggest making your watermark fit your pics... Looks kinda out of place........

Welcome back.

C&C per req:

1. I like the idea, but this is a complicated exposure situation. I think that I would prefer to see the spire either correctly exposed or silhouetted rather than 2-3 stops under. I think one approach might have been to silhouette the spire which would give you a nicely exposed sky, and then use an off-camera fill light to illuminate the leaves camera left and bring out the detail in them.

2. Sorry, this one doesn't work for me at all. Shooting into the sun is almost always either a make or break situation, and in this case it broke. The huge artifact lower left, and the lack of detail leave me looking for a subject.

3. Nicely done, however don't forget to level your images in post. Long-muzzled animals are, I think, best shot from a 3/4 profile rather than head on. With animals and people, eyes are all-important, and should be sharp and wel defined. In this pose they're very difficult to see, and the point of focus appears to be rather too far forward.

4. I like the idea; the image itself appears about 1/2 - 2/3 stop over-exposed however. This one would definitely be worth redoing when there were fewer cars around and perhaps zoomed/cropped to eliminate the telephone pole image right.

Overall, nice images, with a few thoughts for future work.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks for the welcome back.

4. I like the idea; the image itself appears about 1/2 - 2/3 stop over-exposed however. This one would definitely be worth redoing when there were fewer cars around and perhaps zoomed/cropped to eliminate the telephone pole image right.

I agree with fewer cars but it's a built up area with a busy road so it would be hard to get that.

Thanks for the comments anyway

Mike

Most reactions

Back