D7K

This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the fields have been harvested and we were travelling to a gorge in the north, I stopped to smoke a cigarette and wanted to get a few shots of these bales and this landscape we were passing through. I've done a basic edit on this one but I'm undecided if I like it, Be interested to hear any C&C and see if it resonates with my own concerns about it.

Hand held shot on D850 / 24mm / f8 / ISO100 / 1/1000 - Auto1 WB - Shot in RAW.
Processed using LR / PS and resized for posting here.

Erma_Landscape.jpg

I like it quite a bit, the sun is a bit distracting though. I've run in to this problem myself. Everybody has different taste so I hope you don't mind. I cropped out the sun and did a little lightening here and there. I think it works but it was just a quick edit.
Erma_Landscape.jpg

Agree with Jeff. My eye is drawn to the sun and out of the scene.

That was one of my main issues with it but second, I was annoyed that I didn't get the full tree in there, I've a similar shot that is a bit wider and captures the entire tree and because of the change of angle the sun isn't dominant in the shot, I'll edit that soon and see if I like it any better.
@Jeff G - Looks like a 16:9 crop?

Cheers for the feedback guys :)

Love the content and composition. The sky in general doesn't complement the rest of the scene.

Apart from the blown sun, it is a very nice scenic image.

Very quickly done in Affinity Photo using the content aware to just take out the sun without a crop.

Erma_Landscape.jpg

Reactions: D7K
Love the content and composition. The sky in general doesn't complement the rest of the scene.

I'd have preferred a softer cloud cover and blue sky, but clouds and contrails it was; thanks all for the re-edits and input, kind of backs up my feelings :)

Nice colors and composition. I like the way the tree leans into the slope of the hill. Agree about the sun, , but with some good photoshop skills it can be removed.

sun removal-1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back