Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took a walk today cuz I had the itch to put my camera to use. :) I wanted to put all my shots here, but I realized half of them are nature, and half are not! :lol: So...here's part one...two from my walk, one from last night with my friends.

I was trying to practise using DOF. :)

cemetarygateSmall.jpg

My town at night...people were burning leaves, and I liked how it made it look foggy.

mainSidewalksmall.jpg

This is my best friend Natalie and her Husband Josh. I like the expressions on their faces in this shot.

NatnJoshSmall.jpg

Comments and critique welcome and appreciated! :)

Something tells me you meant for these to go in the General Gallery. ;)

terri said:
Something tells me you meant for these to go in the General Gallery. ;)

Dammit! And I'm a mod, too! Sorry, doing 4 things at once, got mixed up...thanks for movin it. :)

first one rocks! Love the wide open aperture. I would bump up the contrast a bit.
I like the comp in the second. It could do with a bit tinkering in PS though.

Thanks everyone!

As for bumping contrast on the first...I already did some...I'm always afraid of overdoing it...anyway...here is another bump on contrast.

cemetarygateSmallContrast.jpg

Good? Too much?

The second one, I did some PSing, but not sure what else to do with it.

Do I spy photoshop on the first shot? It's really good, but it looks like you used PS to blur a bit. =)

Woah... Narrow depth of field! (you know it took me about 3 weeks of being here to figure out why you guys kept talking about DOF.... hehe finally got it though!)

I prefer the second contrastier fence photo... but whatever looks good on you monitor ... I say go for it!
Try putting a photo filter over that second lamp post photo if you're trying to find other stuff to do to it in PS. I reckon it'd look nice if it had a sort of golden glow you sometimes get from lights.

Gorgeous photo of the couple too! They look so happy! :lovey:

Verbal said:
Do I spy photoshop on the first shot? It's really good, but it looks like you used PS to blur a bit. =)

No...I did not use PS to blur. Didn't need to. I used photoshop for contrast and a slight sharpening...and I think that's it. Oh, and I cropped out about a milimeter of the left side cuz there was a sliver of something that would have been distracting to me.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Does the black and white work?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back