B-52 Bombers

Seamus85

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Morning all,

Thought I'd share a handful of images from a visit to RAF Fairford last week to shoot some B-52s. It's always a real pleasure for aviation enthusiasts here in the UK to have these awesome machines deployed for a few weeks. More images can be foud on my Flickr for those interested.

Boeing B-52H Stratofortress 61-0013/LA US Air Force RAF Fairford 28/03/19 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Boeing B-52H Stratofortress 61-0015/LA US Air Force RAF Fairford 28/03/19 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Boeing B-52H Stratofortress 60-0025/LA US Air Force RAF Fairford 28/03/19 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Boeing B-52H Stratofortress 61-0013/LA US Air Force RAF Fairford 28/03/19 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Boeing B-52H Stratofortress 60-0058/LA US Air Force RAF Fairford 28/03/19 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

Shaun

Nice shots. They really are impressive, amazing too when you consider they've been in service since 1955, a testament to the design. My club has one in static display, currently being rescued from too many unattended Michigan winters.

Great set of images, love the last shot.

Very cool images of this old warhorse.

Freedom!! Very good pics of it.

Great pics. Unless you've seen them in person, you can't get the scope of the immense wingspan. Wonderful lighting.

Excellent! The last one is my favorite, too, but they're all really good.

Ah the memories! We used to have them flying over the house all the time when I was a kid. We lived 5 miles from a SAC base

Same here as I was only eight miles from March AFB in Riverside, CA. I was lucky enough to get one flying onto Tyndall AFB for a Thunderbird's show two years ago but was not able to get on the tarmac for a closeup as it landed. Kudos to Shaun!

33417503703_f61fc47961_b_d.jpg

Watching an entire SAC base wing of B52's and associate KC135 tankers take off in 10- 15 second intervals is quite impressive during an emergency drill. I was fortunate to see that first hand in 1964 when I was serving at a SAC base in Rome, NY (Griffiss AFB-416 Bombardment Wing). Nice shots. Brings back a lot of memories.

Thanks guys, glad they were of interest and evoked fond memories for some of you too. They really are incredible machines!

I'm always amazed by how deep the stress marks on the fuselage on these beasts can be. Great shots Sean!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back