AZ Desert Garden

krbimaging

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been going to the AZ Desert Garden over the last few weeks to shoot the desert Flowers. These are some of my favorites.

This Hedhog Cactus bloom is my favorite of all. I came around a corner and the sun light was shining from the back through another tall cactus. It back lit the bloom and really set this image off.
$garden-3.jpg

This image is a feather duster Flower but at first glance it almost looks like a couple alien bugs.
$garden-2.jpg

I really adjusted the DOF on this to achieve this. I wanted to get just the yellow pollen stems in focus using the blue as a back drop to them.
$garden-1.jpg

Sometimes you just get lucky, The bee came into my shot just as I was clicking.
$garden-4.jpg

This Cactus bloom is actually in my backyard. It's bloom only lasts 1 day and it's gone. Fortunately it blooms allot during this time of year. So far it's produced 12 flowers and more are coming. It's easily one of my favorite flowers of all time. I am fortunate to have it in my yard. The funny thing, I have no idea what the cactus name is.
$garden-6.jpg
$garden-5.jpg

Last edited:
Cool shots of interesting flowers. Thanks for sharing.

DBJ is such a beautiful place. I have friends in Phoenix that I visit from time to time so I've been there a few times. Coming from this part of the country it's always very interesting to me to see desert flowers because they look so out of place to me.

Great shots. Thanks for posting them.

Beautiful and love the colours. The first shot is like its lit from the inside, nicely done for the light direction. All fine shots and yes, good timing on the bee.

All the best.

Danny.

Thank you all for the kind words. I appreciate it very much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back