B&W and Almost B&W

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
I was trying to capture a snowstorm on Pikes Peak looming over the city today. It was blue sky and too hot in the city here much of the day but thunderstorms and snowstorms over the mountains. I thought the black and white kind of captured some of the feel. There was blue sky in most directions while these storms were going on.

DSC07799re650.jpg

I also posted one from the snow a couple of weeks ago. The misty look at the bottom is mostly from steam rising from the road just below the picture. The ridge in the middle is about 3/4 of a mile away.

DSC07190re650.jpg

Hey drdan. You have some nice pictures there. I would have to agree with you on the b&w issue about the first one. B&W works better for that mood. The only other comment would be to crop more of the street since it divides the focial point from the sky.

The second one I really like the abstract overall combined shapes of the tree tops. I can't tell you why but I just do. The white snow against the dark bluish sky makes for a nice contast. Good work!

On the second photo, I love the color of the sky and the perfect contrast between the snow on the branches and the dark pine tree with the sky. A seemingly dreary day turned beautiful.

Love the colors and crispness in that second one.

Most reactions

Back