B/W Image (C&C please)

michael9000000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I conducted this experiment with one light and b/w processing... I don't even know how it would be described. I'm not pretending to be a revolutionary... I've just never tried this before. Is the image noteworthy? Boring? Pretentious crap? C&C please. My feelings won't be hurt.

$image-1405207579.jpg

You've been here over a year and still have feelings???? SOMEONE isn't doing their job! :grumpy:

;)

I think this one is close, as in, >< that close, but it doesn't quite make it. The shadow on her left side makes it look almost like she's wearing a 'Phantom of the Opera' mask. I think if you'd brought your key around a little closer to the camera and had a reflector close in camera right to add just a little fill, just enough so that we could see some eye detail, this would have been a great shot.

You've been here over a year and still have feelings???? SOMEONE isn't doing their job! :grumpy:

;)

I think this one is close, as in, >< that close, but it doesn't quite make it. The shadow on her left side makes it look almost like she's wearing a 'Phantom of the Opera' mask. I think if you'd brought your key around a little closer to the camera and had a reflector close in camera right to add just a little fill, just enough so that we could see some eye detail, this would have been a great shot.

Thanks for the C&C on the lighting. How do you feel about my b/w processing?

It looks okay to me, but the monitor I'm using at the moment is not calibrated, so I can't for sure.

Now you KNOW i'm not a pro but personally it doesn't do anything for me... I feel like there is a little too much shadow?, especially around the eye/eyes. I think it might be better with the necklace removed and the hair curled up on her cheek on the shadow side fixed. I think it has potential though.

I am agreeing with what's already been posted. It's got too much shadow and I miss her one eye there in the darkness.

The shadows are too dark. If they would have been symmetrical it might have worked. Maybe. It looks like there is some hair or something on her face camera right, but I can't tell.

Most reactions

Back