Baby bro's first Halloween! :D

swiftparkour94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These were super rushed and taken indoors on my couch with no flash. The backdrop was a tan color and the lighting wasn't anything set up....it was absurdly awful. All shot in RAW and heavily post processed. I very rarely shoot portraits as it's not the type of photography I love to shoot most but my mom wanted me to so that she'd save some money. After hours of touching up, this is what I've got (just posted my favorites only). CC is EXTREMELY APPRECIATED!!!

Attachments

• $image-3534748392.jpg
    $image-3534748392.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 226
  • $image-1856059510.jpg
    $image-1856059510.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 242
  • $image-1346433091.jpg
    $image-1346433091.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 262
The facial expressions are great. You already pointed out the issue of the lighting that is probably the biggest problem.

Do you have an unedited example?

Baby skin seems orange. The background (sheet) could be fixed up. I would never sit a baby that age up. It looks wrong and uncomfy. poses are not appropriate for its age.

janineh said:
Baby skin seems orange. The background (sheet) could be fixed up. I would never sit a baby that age up. It looks wrong and uncomfy. poses are not appropriate for its age.

My moms a mother of 3, she knows what she's doing and this is how she wanted it

runnah said:
The facial expressions are great. You already pointed out the issue of the lighting that is probably the biggest problem.

Do you have an unedited example?

Ooooo I forgot to save them, sorry :( the difference is night and day, literally. I had to make so many changes!

swiftparkour94 said:
My moms a mother of 3, she knows what she's doing and this is how she wanted it

Oh and it was more orange to begin with, I didn't want it pale white but I know what you mean. He's a bit more orange looking in person anyways so I didn't see a problem with it

^^ doesn't matter if she knows what she's doing. The poses are unnatural.

unpopular said:
^^ doesn't matter if she knows what she's doing. The poses are unnatural.

and thus, the pictures suck

don't know about that, but it certainly doesn't help.

unpopular said:
don't know about that, but it certainly doesn't help.

You know that some models binge to stay in shape, right? They aren't comfortable when modeling. We knew my brother was comfortable up until he started falling over. He wasn't straight up, he was slightly slouched. He yawned in the one with his mouth open in the shape of an "O" and stretched with his arms up so I can see how it can appear to be misleading. He only cried when he started to get uncomfortable then we'd reposition him. This is what my mom envisioned for his photos and I think I did an excellent job considering the limits I had, I just wanted to know if others though the same. I really wish I had a before and after. The difference really blew me away and makes me wonder why I never bothered to shoot in RAW. Next time if I shoot like this I'll keep the ones I plan on sharing.

Cheers :)

#1 and #3 work, #2 looks uncomfortable.

but calm down, man. I appreciate your defenseveness, but nobody is accusing anyone of child abuse here.

unpopular said:
#1 and #3 work, #2 looks uncomfortable.

but calm down, man. I appreciate your defenseveness, but nobody is accusing anyone of child abuse here.

Alright

Oh and #2 was one my mom wanted to keep and I was iffy on it because of that. I thought it was a bit funny though ha

#1. Lets Party!
#2. Too much to drink.
#3. The morning after.

Most reactions

Back