Background too busy- treatable or just live with it?

Peeb

Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Title says it all. Here is the image.
MJK_1261_DxO1062.jpg

Too busy and it's too light in the wrong areas so the attention gets drawn to the background instead of the subject. Unfortunatley not fixable so bin it and move on IMO

Yeah, the scenario of the shot was working against you. It was a great real life moment that just didn't quite translate in the image. Keep your eyes peeled for the next one and hope your subject is more cooperative in finding the lighting.

What you see and what comes across in a photo aren't always the same. Sometimes it works better, sometimes not. I agree with both responses above. That is why I try to snap as many of the same scene as possible. I know moving subjects prevent an identical set, but sometimes you just have to take what you get.

image.jpeg
It's good to get confirmation of what I thought was a problem. Here's another one that turned out much better

The second is definitely much better; I would spend some time in LR with the selective adjustment tool dodging and burning those miserable cretins.

And if you like the flowers behind the geese you can always give them their own photos!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
MJK_1208053.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back