JimmyO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ughh
Went to mall and best buy
I got to play around with a d300 there and also imacs =(

So im planning on buying an older imac G4 tonight and hopefully a d300/400 at the end of summer, there soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice :x

I'd try and stretch to a newer iMac if I were you. You'll be livin in the dark ages with a G4. Good choice on the d300/400 though :D

Sounds like a good day to me... I love to window shop!

Go with the G4 processors. There's no real reason to buy a Mac for graphic processing when it is using an intel processor... They lost their niche.

I hate and love window shopping
haha
Just picked up a 17" iMac G4 with 160gb HD and 1.5gb of ram. It was bought with the money i made from selling D1h, so i only had 400, haha, i thought i got a good deal,

I think that the G4 should suffice, as long as the processor is running at 1GHz and up, and you've got a gig of RAM or more. I'm currently using an iBook G4 with that setup, and Photoshop CS3 actually runs quite well. If you do get it, make sure to put Tiger on it and update it through software update. Then you can put CS3 on it. Have fun!

Ya, i dont know if you saw my other thread but the main purpose of this computor will be for photography. So i plan to have Photoshop, lightroom, photomatix and other similar programs on it along with all my pictures. This is also my first mac so im really excited.

Ya, i dont know if you saw my other thread but the main purpose of this computor will be for photography. So i plan to have Photoshop, lightroom, photomatix and other similar programs on it along with all my pictures. This is also my first mac so im really excited.

Once you go Mac, you never go back...

Seriously, though I went Mac, and then went back. I didn't see any real advantage to running Mac for me personally. But that was before I got in to photography. Now Aperture is looking mighty nice...

BTW you're gonna love your computer. Though if you're like most Mac users, you'll upgrade to something like a 28" monitor in no time. :)

How would i do that with an imac?

But ya
Im gonna still have to live with Windoze. My school tablet is windoze along with all my home comps

But ya
Im gonna still have to live with Windoze. My school tablet is windoze along with all my home comps

I didn't pick up the iMac. I kind of browsed over that and got to the guts of it :)

Its all good, either way.

But ya

I know that on the newer iMacs there is a mini-DVI port at the back that with an extra adapter goes to DVI or VGA. I don't know about the G4 though.

Ya
I was thinking that
Then you have 2 different screens
lol

Most reactions

Back