Baileys and an iPod

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Experiments from my class' opportunity to get into a studio (with much higher powered lights than the 60w desk lamps I'm used to working with)

ipod1.jpg

baileys3.jpg

Side note - Yes, I did post the Baileys before (I think...maybe?). But, now I got the shot right. Besides, the professor said "don't bring glass or anything reflective", so I brought reflective glass anyway :)

what lights are you working with? any type of modifiers used along with them?

Just a single light and some foamcore. Minimal PS adjustments (pretty much none for the iPod, but I warmed up the colour temperature in raw for the bailey's).

The fist picture does not have a fast enough shutter speed. You can see the blur from the camera shake. You could also increase the light to make the camera take a faster picture. It is just slightly blurred but it wrecks the picture for me. The one of the bottle is ok. I don't know I think I am losing it seeing as it looks like it is so slightly out of focus as well the more I look at it.

^ You're right, they both are slightly out of focus. I like the iPod shot but as previously mentioned, the blur/focus ruins the shot for me. Love the lighting, though.

so you were in a studio without lighting equipment?

I was in a studio with lighting equipment...

Just a single light and some foamcore.

lighting equipment =/= strobes.

However, I was in the studio without a tripod. Hence the slight shake.

I'm not fan of the baileys bottle. It looks to me like it has either barrel distortion or perspective distortion. Guess I am just used to seeing bottles in magazines which have all been photographed with long focal lengths to keep them flat and straight. Nice work with the iPod looks very natural rather artificially posed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back