Band Photos

OnlyElise

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, so I was recently asked by a friend to shoot pictures of his band for their website and promotional material, so I did. I've been approached now by an audio recording studio in Pittsburgh because they're interested in having me shoot pictures for some of their clients. (yay!)

These are the ones I've done so far, and I have another client to schedule at the end of the month. These bands are hard rock and heavy metal bands, so I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions besides the usual factories and graveyards for backgrounds that are so typical to those genres. These were shot against a greenscreen, then the backgrounds were put in later. Any suggestions?

47333_431378153269_704928269_4845937_2783846_n.jpg

46845_431375468269_704928269_4845895_6242358_n.jpg

41159_431375658269_704928269_4845904_4825550_n.jpg

I've got to be completely honest here and tell you that your flash is just way too much and your shots are out of focus .. especially the first.

Don't mean to be harsh, just constructive.

In the first picture, is that the guitar strap that just seems to disappear? I've been staring at it trying to figure it out.

I've got to be completely honest here and tell you that your flash is just way too much and your shots are out of focus .. especially the first.

Don't mean to be harsh, just constructive.

+1

images are not only out of focus, but seem a little pixalated as well. but for bands the best thing to do is on location shoots

In the first picture, is that the guitar strap that just seems to disappear? I've been staring at it trying to figure it out.

hahahaha that's awesome

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the constructive criticism! Unfortunately, the other pictures they had taken the night before were in a real warehouse, alright... they'd broken into it! I told them I had no interest in being arrested.

So I told them we'd do a greenscreen shoot, and they wanted me to put the factory stuff in the background afterwards, so we did. I know they became slightly compressed when I uploaded them to FB, but the originals are pretty clear.

They also wanted that extremely high contrast look, which is why it looks so bright on some parts and so dark on the others.

you should of told them it would be your price+bail for breaking into the warehouse haha

From location shoots,the only tip i can give you is do it on location,and if you get caught,play dumb,like you didnt know you were "trespassing",and what ever you do,do not give your equipment to the security/police ect,Neither offer to,or delete any photos,as it implies your guilty. ive made these mistakes before,and it wasnt worth going back again :(

Most reactions

Back