Basic len question

..........The 35mm lens is a mild-wild angle lens for the most part. ........

35mm = wide isn't always true. "Wide" depends on image format. 35mm might well be a super-telephoto for a P&S, and 'ultra-wide' for a large format camera.

In particular, on the D5100, it's "normal"

Well guys, I missed, as you did cuz' I wasn't chastised about it, I typed mild-wild instead of mild-wide lens.....lol.

But seriously, it was a discussion to a VERY NEW person, on a very basic level, in specific reference to a lens and camera combination they have.

I didn't, and still don't think the whole "crop factor" and a 35 is a 50 on your camera, but it still acts like a 35..... discussion would have benefited this new guy.

I really tried to answer something at a level I thought he might understand. Of course I know the difference. It wasn't about me.

Radio I think you explained everything perfectly for a new dslr user. Those 3 lens are great as a combination for a new DSLR enthusiast. You have a wide lens (18-55), a Zoom (55-200), and a portrait lens 35mm. Those lenses are great to learn how to take great photos with your camera!

By the way the number of forum posts I have is at the best number! Yes I'm bored at work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back