Basking in the Sun

Passion4Film

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the first thread I'm making that showcases any of my work. I am really proud of this photograph. I'm a beginner, and it all happened by accident! I really love it; I am so proud!

Thanks for any comments!

Sarah

Click for a bigger photo.

Shutter Speed: 1/403 second
F Number: F/4.0
Focal Length: 12 mm

Isn't it nice when photos taken by mistake come out to your liking anyway? I like the way the one leaf "glows" in the sun, and the shadow of its neighbor behind it.

It would also be interesting to see this shot as a two different portrait-sized ones (vs. landscape), one with the left side cropped a bit, then one with the right side (sun) cropped. I think you could play around with this one and get several nice perspectives.

;)

Rather good image, IMO. I think I would have cropped out a the sun, 'cause for me it ruins a bit of the idea.

I also second the idea of cropping a bit around, just to see what you get.

And you! Welcome to the board mate, good to have you here. :)

This I really like.. Agree about cropping the sun...I Love the shadow leaf over the other that you can see...

I think you've got a good eye for a beginner, its definately a shot to be proud of. I would tend to agree with the other comments; experiment around with cropping the image. Thanks for sharing (and making me jealous of summertime)

I like the golden fringe of the leaves and the shadows

Cropping the sun? but the sun looks great. if the sun wasnt there it would just be a photo of leaves. i think the sun's position in the photo is great as i for one deteste photos which have the subject in the centre.

Thanks so much for the nice comments, everyone! I think I'll experiment with it a little bit. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back